Quantifying the role of federal and state taxes in mitigating income inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Blundell & Luigi Pistaferri & Ian Preston, 2004. "Imputing consumption in the PSID using food demand estimates from the CEX," IFS Working Papers W04/27, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Emmanuel Saez & Joel Slemrod & Seth H. Giertz, 2012.
"The Elasticity of Taxable Income with Respect to Marginal Tax Rates: A Critical Review,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 50(1), pages 3-50, March.
- Emmanuel Saez & Joel B. Slemrod & Seth H. Giertz, 2009. "The Elasticity of Taxable Income with Respect to Marginal Tax Rates: A Critical Review," NBER Working Papers 15012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcus C. Berliant & Robert P. Strauss, 1993.
"State and federal tax equity: Estimates before and after the Tax Reform Act of 1986,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 9-43.
- Berliant, M.C. & Strauss, R.P., 1991. "State and Federal Tax Equity: Estimates Before and After the Tax Reform Act of 1986," RCER Working Papers 297, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Bruce D. Meyer & Wallace K. C. Mok & James X. Sullivan, 2009.
"The Under-Reporting of Transfers in Household Surveys: Its Nature and Consequences,"
0903, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Bruce D. Meyer & Wallace K. C. Mok & James X. Sullivan, 2009. "The Under-Reporting of Transfers in Household Surveys: Its Nature and Consequences," NBER Working Papers 15181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010.
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 75-102, December.
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010. "CEO Compensation," NBER Working Papers 16585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frydman, Carola & Jenter, Dirk, 2010. "CEO Compensation," Research Papers 2069, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010. "CEO Compensation," CESifo Working Paper Series 3277, CESifo Group Munich.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kerr, William R., 2014.
"Income inequality and social preferences for redistribution and compensation differentials,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 62-78.
- William R. Kerr, 2011. "Income Inequality and Social Preferences for Redistribution and Compensation Differentials," NBER Working Papers 17701, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kerr, William R., 2013. "Income inequality and social preferences for redistribution and compensation differentials," Research Discussion Papers 31/2013, Bank of Finland.
- Philipp Doerrenberg & Andreas Peichl, 2014.
"The impact of redistributive policies on inequality in OECD countries,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(17), pages 2066-2086, June.
- Philipp Doerrenberg & Andreas Peichl, 2012. "The Impact of Redistributive Policies on Inequality in OECD Countries," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 03-05, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Doerrenberg, Philipp & Peichl, Andreas, 2012. "The Impact of Redistributive Policies on Inequality in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 6505, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Doerrenberg, Philipp & Peichl, Andreas, 2014. "The impact of redistributive policies on inequality in OECD countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-012, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sun, Chuanwang & Zhang, Yifan & Peng, Shuijun & Zhang, Wencheng, 2015. "The inequalities of public utility products in China: From the perspective of the Atkinson index," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 751-760.
More about this item
KeywordsIncome distribution ; Taxation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2011-11-07 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-AGR-2011-11-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2011-11-07 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbpp:11-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catherine Spozio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.