On Capturing Oil Rents with a National Excise Tax Revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rubio, Santiago J. & Escriche, Luisa, 2001.
"Strategic pigouvian taxation, stock externalities and polluting non-renewable resources,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 297-313, February.
- Santiago J. Rubio & Luisa Escriche, 1998. "- Strategic Pigouvian Taxation, Stock Externalities And Polluting Non-Renewable Resources," Working Papers. Serie EC 1998-23, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Wirl, Franz & Dockner, Engelbert, 1995. "Leviathan governments and carbon taxes: Costs and potential benefits," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 1215-1236, June.
- James Brander & Slobodan Djajic, 1983.
"Rent-Extracting Tariffs and the Management of Exhaustible Resources,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 288-298, May.
- James Brander & Slobodan Djajic, 1982. "Rent-Extracting Tariffs and the Management of Exhaustible Resources," Working Paper 468, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Karp, Larry & Newbery, David M., 1991. "Optimal tariffs on exhaustible resources," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3-4), pages 285-299, May.
- Maskin, Eric S & Newbery, David M, 1990. "Disadvantageous Oil Tariffs and Dynamic Consistency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 143-156, March.
- Karp, Larry, 1984. "Optimality and consistency in a differential game with non-renewable resources," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 73-97, October.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C, 1982. "On Capturing Oil Rents with a National Excise Tax," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 194-201, March.
- Larry Karp & David M. Newbery, 1992. "Dynamically Consistent Oil Import Tariffs," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Johannes Horner & Morton I. Kamien, 2004. "Coase and Hotelling: A Meeting of the Minds," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(3), pages 718-723, June.
- Tahvonen Olli & Kuuluvainen Jari, 1993. "Economic Growth, Pollution, and Renewable Resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 101-118, March.
More about this item
KeywordsTariffs; Tariff agreements; Non renewable resources; Depletion effects; Price-setting monopolist; Quantity-setting monopolist; Differential games; Open-loop strategies; Linear strategies; Markov-perfect Nash equilibrium; Markov-perfect Stackelberg equilibrium;
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Perfect Competition
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- Q38 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy (includes OPEC Policy)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2004.133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.