The taxation of motor fuel : international comparison
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eduardo, Ley & Jessica, Boccardo, 2009. "The Taxation of Motor Fuel: International Comparison," MPRA Paper 19461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Amundsen, Eirik S. & Schob, Ronnie, 1999.
"Environmental taxes on exhaustible resources,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 311-329, June.
- Amundsen, E.S. & Schob, R., 1999. "Environmental Taxes on Exhaustible Resources," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 192, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang & Baranzini, Andrea, 2004.
"What do we know about carbon taxes? An inquiry into their impacts on competitiveness and distribution of income,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 507-518, March.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang & Baranzini, Andrea, 2000. "What do we know about carbon taxes? an inquiry into their impacts on competitiveness and distribution of income," MPRA Paper 13225, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2003.
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Razin, Assaf & Tesar, Linda L., 1994.
"Effective tax rates in macroeconomics: Cross-country estimates of tax rates on factor incomes and consumption,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 297-323, December.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Assaf Razin & Linda L. Tesar, 1994. "Effective Tax Rates in Macroeconomics: Cross-Country Estimates of Tax Rates on Factor Incomes and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 4864, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karp, Larry & Newbery, David M., 1991. "Optimal tariffs on exhaustible resources," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3-4), pages 285-299, May.
- Ahmad,Etisham & Stern,Nicholas, 1991.
"The Theory and Practice of Tax Reform in Developing Countries,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521265638, April.
- Ahmad,Etisham & Stern,Nicholas, 1991. "The Theory and Practice of Tax Reform in Developing Countries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521397421, April.
- Farzin, Y. H., 1996. "Optimal pricing of environmental and natural resource use with stock externalities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 31-57, October.
- Diamond, Peter A & Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "Optimal Taxation and Public Production: I--Production Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 8-27, March.
- Maskin, Eric S & Newbery, David M, 1990. "Disadvantageous Oil Tariffs and Dynamic Consistency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 143-156, March.
- Aldy, Joseph E. & Ley, Eduardo & Parry, Ian, 2008.
"A Tax–Based Approach to Slowing Global Climate Change,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 61(3), pages 493-517, September.
- Aldy, Joseph E. & Ley, Eduardo & Parry, Ian W.H., 2008. "A Tax-Based Approach to Slowing Global Climate Change," Discussion Papers dp-08-26, Resources For the Future.
- Mirrlees, J. A., 1976. "Optimal tax theory : A synthesis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 327-358, November.
- Pearce, David W, 1991. "The Role of Carbon Taxes in Adjusting to Global Warming," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 938-948, July.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C, 1982. "On Capturing Oil Rents with a National Excise Tax," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 194-201, March.
- Larry Karp & David M. Newbery, 1992. "Dynamically Consistent Oil Import Tariffs," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-21, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Santos, Georgina, 2017. "Road fuel taxes in Europe: Do they internalize road transport externalities?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 120-134.
- Vladimir Kossov & Elena Kossova, 2013. "International dispersion of retail diesel fuel prices and the estimation of normal price values," HSE Working papers WP BRP 27/EC/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Parry, Ian & Strand, Jon, 2012.
"International fuel tax assessment: an application to Chile,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 127-144, April.
- Parry, Ian & Strand, Jon, 2010. "International Fuel Tax Assessment: An Application to Chile," Discussion Papers dp-10-07, Resources For the Future.
- Ian W.H. Parry & Jon Strand, 2011. "International Fuel Tax Assessment; An Application to Chile," IMF Working Papers 11/168, International Monetary Fund.
- Benjamin Jones & Michael Keen & Jon Strand, 2013. "Fiscal implications of climate change," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 20(1), pages 29-70, February.
- Bello, Alejandro & Contín-Pilart, Ignacio, 2012. "Taxes, cost and demand shifters as determinants in the regional gasoline price formation process: Evidence from Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 439-448.
More about this item
KeywordsTransport Economics Policy&Planning; Energy Production and Transportation; Taxation&Subsidies; Climate Change Mitigation and Green House Gases; Climate Change Economics;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2010-04-17 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-04-17 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .