Overeducation and Wages in Europe: Evidence from Quantile Regression
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ana I. Moro Egido & Santiago Budría, 2007. "Overeducation and Wages in Europe: Evidence from Quantile Regression," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2007/04, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
References listed on IDEAS
- van der Meer, Peter & Wielers, Rudi, 1996. "Educational Credentials and Trust in the Labor Market," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 29-46.
- Richard R. Verdugo & Naomi Turner Verdugo, 1989. "The Impact of Surplus Schooling on Earnings: Some Additional Findings," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(4), pages 629-643.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Low skills: why worry?
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2013-10-09 16:54:28
- Poverty: structural or individual?
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2014-08-01 18:07:18
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghignoni, Emanuela & Verashchagina, Alina, 2014.
"Educational qualifications mismatch in Europe. Is it demand or supply driven?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, pages 670-692.
- Emanuela Ghignoni & Alina Verashchagina, 2012. "Educational qualifications mismatch in Europe Is it demand or supply driven?," Working Papers 154, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Lamo, Ana & Messina, Julián, 2010.
"Formal education, mismatch and wages after transition: Assessing the impact of unobserved heterogeneity using matching estimators,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1086-1099, December.
- Lamo, Ana & Messina, Julián, 2010. "Formal education, mismatch and wages after transition: Assessing the impact of unobserved heterogeneity using matching estimators," Working Paper Series 1215, European Central Bank.
- Lamo, Ana & Messina, Julián, 2010. "Formal Education, Mismatch and Wages after Transition: Assessing the Impact of Unobserved Heterogeneity Using Matching Estimators," IZA Discussion Papers 4982, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kelly, Elish & O'Connell, Philip J. & Smyth, Emer, 2010.
"The economic returns to field of study and competencies among higher education graduates in Ireland,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, pages 650-657.
- Elish Kelly & Philip O'Connell & Emer Smyth, 2008. "The Economic Returns to Field of Study and Competencies Among Higher Education Graduates in Ireland," Papers WP242, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Hong-Kyun Kim & Seung C. Ahn & Jihye Kim, 2012. "Vertical and Horizontal Education-Job Mismatches in the Korean Youth Labor Market : A Quantile Regression Approach," Working Papers 1201, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Alessandro Tampieri, 2010.
"The Sex and the Uni: Educational Assortative Matching the Over-Education,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
10/05, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- A. Tampieri, 2011. "Meeting at School. Assortative Matching in Partnerships and Over-Education," Working Papers wp726, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Kim, Hong-Kyun & Ahn, Seung C. & Kim, Jihye, 2016. "The Income Penalty Of Vertical And Horizontal Education-Job Mismatches In The Korean Youth Labor Market: A Quantile Regression Approach," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 57(1), pages 67-90, June.
More about this item
- C29 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Other
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2007-03-24 (European Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2007-03-24 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fda:fdaeee:229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias). General contact details of provider: http://www.fedea.net .