Vertical and Horizontal Education-Job Mismatches in the Korean Youth Labor Market : A Quantile Regression Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hartog, Joop, 2000. "Over-education and earnings: where are we, where should we go?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 131-147, April.
- Ana I Moro-Egido & Santiago BudrÌa, "undated".
"Overeducation and Wages in Europe: Evidence from Quantile Regression,"
Studies on the Spanish Economy
- Ana I. Moro Egido & Santiago Budría, 2007. "Overeducation and Wages in Europe: Evidence from Quantile Regression," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2007/04, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Bauer, Thomas K., 2002. "Educational mismatch and wages: a panel analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 221-229, June.
- Joop Hartog & Pedro Pereira & Jose Vieira, 2001.
"Changing returns to education in Portugal during the 1980s and early 1990s: OLS and quantile regression estimators,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(8), pages 1021-1037.
- Joop Hartog & Pedro T. Pereira & José A.C. Vieira, 1999. "Changing Returns to Education in Portugal during the 1980s and Early 1990s: OLS and quantile regression estimators," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-002/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- McGuinness, Seamus & Sloane, Peter J., 2011.
"Labour market mismatch among UK graduates: An analysis using REFLEX data,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 130-145, February.
- Seamus McGuinness & Peter J. Sloane, 2009. "Labour Market Mismatch Among UK Graduates; An Analysis Using REFLEX Data," Papers WP294, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- McGuinness, Seamus & Sloane, Peter J., 2009. "Labour Market Mismatch Among UK Graduates: An Analysis Using REFLEX Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4168, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hartog, Joop, 1980. "Earnings and Capability Requirements," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(2), pages 230-240, May.
- McGuinness, Seamus & Bennett, Jessica, 2007. "Overeducation in the graduate labour market: A quantile regression approach," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 521-531, October.
- Kelly, Elish & O'Connell, Philip J. & Smyth, Emer, 2010.
"The economic returns to field of study and competencies among higher education graduates in Ireland,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 650-657, August.
- Elish Kelly & Philip O'Connell & Emer Smyth, 2008. "The Economic Returns to Field of Study and Competencies Among Higher Education Graduates in Ireland," Papers WP242, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Rumberger, Russell W., 1981. "The rising incidence of overeducation in the U.S. Labor market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 293-314, June.
- Sicherman, Nachum, 1991.
""Overeducation" in the Labor Market,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 101-122, April.
- Nachum Sicherman, 1987. "Over-Education in the Labor Market," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 48, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Duncan, Greg J. & Hoffman, Saul D., 1981. "The incidence and wage effects of overeducation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 75-86, February.
- Robst, John, 2007. "Education and job match: The relatedness of college major and work," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 397-407, August.
- Colm Harmon & Hessel Oosterbeek & Ian Walker, 2003. "The Returns to Education: Microeconomics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(2), pages 115-156, April.
- Daly, Mary C. & Buchel, Felix & Duncan, Greg J., 2000. "Premiums and penalties for surplus and deficit education: Evidence from the United States and Germany," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 169-178, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luc Bridet & Margaret Leighton, 2015. "The Major Decision: Labor Market Implications of the Timing of Specialization in College," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201510, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Guillermo Montt, 2017. "Field-of-study mismatch and overqualification: labour market correlates and their wage penalty," IZA Journal of Labor Economics, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 6(1), pages 1-20, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHorizontal Mismatch; Over-Education; Wage Penalty; Quantile Regression; Ability Bias;
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2012-05-02 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2012-05-02 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sgo:wpaper:1201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jung Hur). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/risogkr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.