The changing pattern of international trade and capital flows of the GCC countries
Summary for non-specialistsThanks to policies that are geared towards opening up borders, the GCC countries have imparted a significant stimulus to the world economy, to a much greater extent than other oil exporting countries in similar conditions. The development of the gross capital flows in view of the recent global crisis and their composition are the main focus of this study. Aspects of globalization, trade and financial integration, such as the dependence on oil, regional integration, foreign direct investment and cross-border assets and loans are addressed.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 2 298.08.23
Web page: http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/index_en.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yongsung Chang & Sun-Bin Kim & Jaewoo Lee, 2012.
"Accounting for Global Dispersion of Current Accounts,"
2012rwp-44, Yonsei University, Yonsei Economics Research Institute.
- Yongsung Chang & Sun-Bin Kim & Jaewoo Lee, 2013. "Accounting for Global Dispersion of Current Accounts," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(3), pages 477-496, July.
- Yongsung Chang & Sun-Bin Kim & Jaewoo Lee, 2009. "Accounting for Global Dispersion of Current Accounts," RCER Working Papers 548, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Jaewoo Lee & Yongsung Chang & Sun-Bin Kim, 2009. "Accounting for Global Dispersion of Current Accounts," IMF Working Papers 09/276, International Monetary Fund.
- Axel Dreher, 2006.
"Does globalization affect growth? Evidence from a new index of globalization,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(10), pages 1091-1110.
- Axel Dreher, 2005. "Does Globalization Affect Growth? Evidence from a new Index of Globalization," TWI Research Paper Series 6, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
- Espinoza, Raphael & Prasad, Ananthakrishnan & Williams, Oral, 2011.
"Regional financial integration in the GCC,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 354-370.
- Balli Faruk & Louis Rosmy J & Osman Mohamed A, 2009.
"International Portfolio Inflows to GCC Markets: Are There Any General Patterns?,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 45-65, September.
- Balli, Faruk & Osman, Mohammad & Louis, Rosmy J., 2008. "International Portfolio Inflows to GCC Markets. Are There any General Patterns?," MPRA Paper 10158, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rob Gregory & Christian Henn & Brad Mcdonald & Mika Saito, 2010. "Trade And The Crisis: Protect Or Recover," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(02), pages 165-181.
- May Y. Khamis & Abdullah Al-Hassan & Nada Oulidi, 2010. "The GCC Banking Sector; Topography and Analysis," IMF Working Papers 10/87, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:euf:ecopap:0415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ECFIN INFO)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.