Effects of Industrial Policy on Productivity: The case of import quota removal during postwar Japan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kiyota, Kozo & Okazaki, Tetsuji, 2013. "Effects of Industrial Policy on Productivity: The Case of Import Quota Removal during Postwar Japan," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 48, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kozo Kiyota & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2010.
"Industrial Policy Cuts Two Ways: Evidence from Cotton-Spinning Firms in Japan, 1956-1964,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 587-609.
- Kozo Kiyota & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2008. "Industrial Policy Cuts Two Ways: Evidence from Cotton Spinning Firms in Japan, 1956-1964," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-563, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kozo Kiyota & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2009. "Industrial Policy Cuts Two Ways: Evidence from Cotton Spinning Firms in Japan, 1956-1964," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-101, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 1999. "Rationalization effects of tariff reductions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 295-320, April.
- Beason, Richard & Weinstein, David E, 1996.
"Growth, Economies of Scale, and Targeting in Japan (1955-1990),"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 286-295, May.
- Beason, R. & Weinstein, D.E., 1993. "Growth, Economies of Scale, and Targeting in Japan (1955- 1990)," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1644, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Grant, Hugh & Thille, Henry, 2001. "Tariffs, Strategy, And Structure: Competition And Collusion In The Ontario Petroleum Industry, 1870 1880," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(02), pages 390-413, June.
- Tetsuji Okazaki & Takafumi Korenaga, 1999.
"The Foreign Exchange Allocation Policy in Postwar Japan: Its Institutional Framework and Function,"
NBER Chapters,in: Changes in Exchange Rates in Rapidly Developing Countries: Theory, Practice, and Policy Issues (NBER-EASE volume 7), pages 311-340
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Okazaki, Tetsuji & Takafumi Korenaga, 1997. "The Foreign Exchange Allocation Policy in Postwar Japan: Its Institutional Framework and Function," CIRJE F-Series 97-F-19, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kiyota, Kozo & Okazaki, Tetsuji, 2005.
"Foreign technology acquisition policy and firm performance in Japan, 1957-1970: Micro-aspects of industrial policy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 23(7-8), pages 563-586, September.
- Kozo Kiyota & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2005. "Foreign Technology Acquisition Policy and Firm Performance in Japan, 1957-1970: Micro-aspects of Industrial Policy," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-329, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Marcus Noland & Howard Pack, 2003. "Industrial Policy in an Era of Globalization: Lessons from Asia," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 358.
More about this item
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- N15 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2013-11-09 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HIS-2013-11-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:13093. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (KUMAGAI, Akiko). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .