Effects of Industrial Policy on Productivity: The case of import quota removal during postwar Japan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kiyota, Kozo & Okazaki, Tetsuji, 2013. "Effects of Industrial Policy on Productivity: The Case of Import Quota Removal during Postwar Japan," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 48, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kozo Kiyota & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2010.
"Industrial Policy Cuts Two Ways: Evidence from Cotton-Spinning Firms in Japan, 1956-1964,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 587-609.
- Kozo Kiyota & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2008. "Industrial Policy Cuts Two Ways: Evidence from Cotton Spinning Firms in Japan, 1956-1964," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-563, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kozo Kiyota & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2009. "Industrial Policy Cuts Two Ways: Evidence from Cotton Spinning Firms in Japan, 1956-1964," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-101, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 1999. "Rationalization effects of tariff reductions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 295-320, April.
- Beason, Richard & Weinstein, David E, 1996.
"Growth, Economies of Scale, and Targeting in Japan (1955-1990),"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 286-295, May.
- Beason, R. & Weinstein, D.E., 1993. "Growth, Economies of Scale, and Targeting in Japan (1955- 1990)," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1644, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Grant, Hugh & Thille, Henry, 2001. "Tariffs, Strategy, And Structure: Competition And Collusion In The Ontario Petroleum Industry, 1870 1880," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(02), pages 390-413, June.
- Tetsuji Okazaki & Takafumi Korenaga, 1999.
"The Foreign Exchange Allocation Policy in Postwar Japan: Its Institutional Framework and Function,"
NBER Chapters,in: Changes in Exchange Rates in Rapidly Developing Countries: Theory, Practice, and Policy Issues (NBER-EASE volume 7), pages 311-340
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Okazaki, Tetsuji & Takafumi Korenaga, 1997. "The Foreign Exchange Allocation Policy in Postwar Japan: Its Institutional Framework and Function," CIRJE F-Series 97-F-19, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kiyota, Kozo & Okazaki, Tetsuji, 2005.
"Foreign technology acquisition policy and firm performance in Japan, 1957-1970: Micro-aspects of industrial policy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 23(7-8), pages 563-586, September.
- Kozo Kiyota & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2005. "Foreign Technology Acquisition Policy and Firm Performance in Japan, 1957-1970: Micro-aspects of Industrial Policy," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-329, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Marcus Noland & Howard Pack, 2003. "Industrial Policy in an Era of Globalization: Lessons from Asia," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 358.
More about this item
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- N15 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2013-11-09 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HIS-2013-11-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:13093. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (KUMAGAI, Akiko). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.