Report NEP-HIS-2013-11-09This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Reis, Jaime & Palma, Nuno & Costa, Leonor Freire, 2013. "The great escape? The contribution of the empire to Portugal’s economic growth, 1500-1800," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp13-07, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Remi Jedwab & Alexander Moradi, 2013. "Transportation Technology and Economic Change: The Impact of Colonial Railroads on City Growth in Africa," CSAE Working Paper Series 2013-17, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Martha J. Bailey & Melanie E. Guldi & Brad J. Hershbein, 2013. "Is There A Case for a "Second Demographic Transition"? Three Distinctive Features of the Post-1960 U.S. Fertility Decline," NBER Working Papers 19599, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- KIYOTA Kozo & OKAZAKI Tetsuji, 2013. "Effects of Industrial Policy on Productivity: The case of import quota removal during postwar Japan," Discussion papers 13093, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Farley Grubb, 2013. "The Continental Dollar: How the American Revolution was Financed with Paper Money—Chapter 3 Initial Design and Idea Performance," Working Papers 13-10, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Louis Cain & Joseph Ferrie, 2013. "Amidst Poverty and Prejudice: Black and Irish Civil War Veterans," NBER Working Papers 19605, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nguyen Thang DAO & Julio DÁVILA, 2013. "Geographical factors, Growth and Divergence," Working Papers 17, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Emanuele Felice & Josep Pujol Andreu, 2013. "GDP and life expectancy in Italy and Spain over the long-run (1861-2008): insights from a time-series approach," UHE Working papers 2013_06, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Francisco José Medina Albadalejo & Josep Pujol Andreu, 2013. "Las cooperativas de consumo en España, 1865-1939: Un mecanismo alternativo de acceso a los alimentos," UHE Working papers 2013_04, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- NAOI Megumi & OKAZAKI Tetsuji, 2013. "Political Economy of Trade Liberalization: The case of postwar Japan," Discussion papers 13090, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Carpenter, Ann, 2013. "Social ties, space, and resilience: Literature review of community resilience to disasters and constituent social and built environment factors," FRB Atlanta Community and Economic Development Discussion Paper 2013-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Dixon, Keith, 2013. "Growth and dispersion of accounting research about New Zealand before and during a National Research Assessment Exercise: Five decades of academic journals bibliometrics," MPRA Paper 51100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas C. Baxter, 2013. "From Bagehot to Bernanke and Draghi: emergency liquidity, macroprudential supervision and the rediscovery of the lender of last resort function," Speech 114, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.