Social ties, space, and resilience: Literature review of community resilience to disasters and constituent social and built environment factors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- P Healey, 1998. "Building institutional capacity through collaborative approaches to urban planning," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(9), pages 1531-1546, September.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2003:93:9:1446-1450_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roel Rutten & Hans Westlund & Frans Boekema, 2010. "The Spatial Dimension of Social Capital," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 863-871, June.
- Raymond Burby & Peter May, 1998. "IntergovernmentalEnvironmental Planning: Addressing the Commitment Conundrum," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(1), pages 95-110.
- Berkman, Lisa F. & Glass, Thomas & Brissette, Ian & Seeman, Teresa E., 2000. "From social integration to health: Durkheim in the new millennium," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 843-857, September.
- Charles C. Tu & Mark J. Eppli, 1999. "Valuing New Urbanism: The Case of Kentlands," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 425-451.
- Montgomery, James D, 1991. "Social Networks and Labor-Market Outcomes: Toward an Economic Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1407-1418, December.
- Susan L. Cutter & Bryan J. Boruff & W. Lynn Shirley, 2003. "Social Vulnerability to Environmental Hazards," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 84(2), pages 242-261.
- Barbara Entwisle, 2007. "Putting people into place," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(4), pages 687-703, November.
- Douglas Massey, 1996. "The age of extremes: Concentrated affluence and poverty in the twenty-first century," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 33(4), pages 395-412, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2003:93:9:1546-1551_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- P Healey, 1998. "Building Institutional Capacity through Collaborative Approaches to Urban Planning," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 30(9), pages 1531-1546, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alam, GM Monirul & Alam, Khorshed & Mushtaq, Shahbaz, 2016. "Influence of institutional access and social capital on adaptation decision: Empirical evidence from hazard-prone rural households in Bangladesh," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 243-251.
- Rabiul Islam & Greg Walkerden, 2015. "How do links between households and NGOs promote disaster resilience and recovery?: A case study of linking social networks on the Bangladeshi coast," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 78(3), pages 1707-1727, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-11-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-SOC-2013-11-09 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2013-11-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedacd:2013-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elaine Clokey). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbatus.html .