Asymmetric Shocks and Co-movement of Price Indices
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rao, Nasir Hamid & Bukhari, Syed Kalim Hyder, 2010. "Asymmetric Shocks and Co-movement of Price Indices," MPRA Paper 28723, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nasir Hamid Rao & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari, 2011. "Asymmetric Shocks and Co-movement of Price Indices," SBP Working Paper Series 38, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hakkio, Craig S. & Rush, Mark, 1991. "Cointegration: how short is the long run?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 571-581, December.
- MacKinnon, James G & Haug, Alfred A & Michelis, Leo, 1999.
"Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 563-577, Sept.-Oct.
- Mackinnon, J.G. & Haug, A.A. & Michelis, L., 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a09, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- James G. MacKinnon & Alfred A. Haug & Leo Michelis, 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," Working Papers 1996_07, York University, Department of Economics.
- Akdi, Yilmaz & Berument, Hakan & Mümin Cilasun, Seyit, 2006.
"The relationship between different price indices: Evidence from Turkey,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 360(2), pages 483-492.
- Hakan Berument & Seyit MŸmin Cilasun & Yilmaz Akdi, 2006. "The Relationship Between Different Price Indices : Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 0603, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Bruce E. Hansen, 1990. "Statistical Inference in Instrumental Variables Regression with I(1) Processes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 99-125.
- Gaspar, Vitor & Smets, Frank, 2002. "Monetary Policy, Price Stability and Output Gap Stabilization," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 193-211, Summer.
- Kremers, Jeroen J M & Ericsson, Neil R & Dolado, Juan J, 1992. "The Power of Cointegration Tests," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 325-348, August.
- Carl E. Walsh, 1995. "Recent Central-Bank Reforms and the Role of Price Stability as the Sole Objective of Monetary Policy," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1995, Volume 10, pages 237-252 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lew Silver, J. & Dudley Wallace, T., 1980. "The lag relationship between wholesale and consumer prices : An application of the Hatanaka-Wallace procedure," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 375-387, April.
- Stephen G Cecchetti, 2010. "Monetary policy and the measurement of inflation: prices, wages and expectations," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Monetary policy and the measurement of inflation: prices, wages and expectations, volume 49, pages 1-11 Bank for International Settlements.
- Colclough, William G. & Lange, Mark D., 1982. "Empirical evidence of causality from consumer to wholesale prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 379-384, August.
- Sousa, Pedro A. B. de, 2001. "Independent and Accountable Central Banks and the European Central Bank," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 5, July.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Engle, Robert F, 1978. "Testing Price Equations for Stability across Spectral Frequency Bands," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 869-881, July.
- Todd E. Clark, 1999.
"The Responses Of Prices At Different Stages Of Production To Monetary Policy Shocks,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 420-433, August.
- Todd E. Clark, 1996. "The responses of prices at different stages of production to monetary policy shocks," Research Working Paper 96-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Gabriel Srour, 2001. "Price-Level versus Inflation Targeting in a Small Open Economy," Staff Working Papers 01-24, Bank of Canada.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ackah, Ishmael, 2015. "On the relationship between energy consumption, productivity and economic growth: Evidence from Algeria, Ghana, Nigeria and South Africa," MPRA Paper 64887, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsprice indices; consumer price index; pakistan; wholesale price index; CPI; WPI; Johansen cointegration; inflation; policymakers; GDP deflator; supply side;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3569. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .