The relationship between different price indices: Evidence from Turkey
A possible relationship between the Consumer Price Index and the Wholesale Price Index has been analyzed for long and short-run relationships. Conventional Engle and Granger [Estimation Test Econ. 55(1987) 2251–276] and Johansen's [J. Econ. Dyn. Control 12 (1988) 231–254] cointegration tests give mixed evidence for a possible long-run relationship between those two series. The model-free and seasonally robust periodogram-based test fails to reject the null of no-cointegration relationship. However, these two series move together in the short run.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 360 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Todd E. Clark, 1996.
"The responses of prices at different stages of production to monetary policy shocks,"
Research Working Paper
96-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Todd E. Clark, 1999. "The Responses Of Prices At Different Stages Of Production To Monetary Policy Shocks," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 420-433, August.
- Hakan Berument & Yilmaz Akdi & Cemal Atakan, 2006.
"An Empirical Analysis of Istanbul Stock Exchange Sub-Indexes,"
0602, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Berument Hakan & Akdi Yilmaz & Atakan Cemal, 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Istanbul Stock Exchange Sub-Indexes," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(3), pages 1-14, September.
- Basu, S., 1993.
"Intermediate Goods and Business Cycles: Implications for Productivity and Welfare,"
93-23, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Basu, Susanto, 1995. "Intermediate Goods and Business Cycles: Implications for Productivity and Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 512-31, June.
- Susanto Basu, 1994. "Intermediate Goods and Business Cycles: Implications for Productivity and Welfare," NBER Working Papers 4817, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Philip Hans Franses & Bart Hobijn, 1997. "Critical values for unit root tests in seasonal time series," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 25-48.
- Doroodian, K. & Boyd, Roy, 2003. "The linkage between oil price shocks and economic growth with inflation in the presence of technological advances: a CGE model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 989-1006, August.
- Cubadda, Gianluca, 1999. "Common Cycles in Seasonal Non-stationary Time Series," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 273-91, May-June.
- Jaebeom Kim, 2004. "Short run real exchange rate dynamics: a SUR approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(14), pages 909-913.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1989.
"Building Blocks of Market Clearing Business Cycle Models,"
NBER Working Papers
3004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1989. "Building Blocks of Market Clearing Business Cycle Models," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1989, Volume 4, pages 247-302 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Frank Westermann, 2001.
"Sectoral Trends and Cycles in Germany,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
502, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hecq, Alain, 1998. "Does seasonal adjustment induce common cycles?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 289-297, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:360:y:2006:i:2:p:483-492. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.