Economic Agendas in Civil Wars: What We Know, What We Need to Know
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Addison, Tony (ed.), 2003. "From Conflict to Recovery in Africa," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199261031.
- Philippe Le Billon, 2003. "Buying peace or fuelling war: the role of corruption in armed conflicts," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 413-426.
- Paul Collier & V. L. Elliott & Håvard Hegre & Anke Hoeffler & Marta Reynal-Querol & Nicholas Sambanis, 2003. "Breaking the Conflict Trap : Civil War and Development Policy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13938.
- Timothy M. Shaw, 2003. "Regional dimensions of conflict and peace-building in contemporary Africa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 487-498.
- Herbst, Jeffrey, 2001. "The Politics of Revenue Sharing in Resource-Dependent States," WIDER Working Paper Series 043, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Cramer, C., 2002. "Homo Economicus Goes to War: Methodological Individualism, Rational Choice and the Political Economy of War," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1845-1864, November.
- Nicholas Sambanis, 2002. "A Review of Recent Advances and Future Directions in the Quantitative Literature on Civil War," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 215-243.
- Tony Addison & S. Mansoob Murshed, 2003. "UNU|WIDER Special issue on conflict. Explaining violent conflict: going beyond greed versus grievance," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 391-396.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:94:y:2000:i:04:p:779-801_22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Collier, 2000. "Rebellion as a Quasi-Criminal Activity," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 44(6), pages 839-853, December.
- Michael L. Ross, 2004. "What Do We Know about Natural Resources and Civil War?," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 41(3), pages 337-356, May.
- Andrew Mack, 2002. "Civil War: Academic Research and the Policy Community," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 39(5), pages 515-525, September.
- Paul Collier, 1994. "Demobilization and insecurity: A study in the economics of the transition from war to peace," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 343-351, May.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 2001. "The curse of natural resources," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 827-838, May.
More about this item
Keywordscivil war; conflict prevention; human security;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-04 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.