The Role of Technological Complexity and Absorptive Capacity in Internalization Decision
Technology transfer costs have a profound influence on the firmâ€™s entry mode into a production sharing relationship. To explore this nexus, they associate technological complexity of the off-shored input with the organizational mode of international production sharing by extending the AntrÃ s (2005) model. They modify the AntrÃ s model by proposing that the low-tech input, as qualified within the model, cannot be produced in the low wage south without costly technology transfer. The cost of technology transfer in turn depends on three factors, which are the technological complexity of this input, the absorptive capacity of the host country and the wages of the host country. Theirmodel refines the results obtained in AntrÃ s (2005). [Working Paper No. 153]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hart, Oliver D. & Moore, John, 1990.
"Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm,"
3448675, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Aghion, Philippe & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2002.
"Distance to Frontier, Selection, and Economic Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3467, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2006. "Distance to Frontier, Selection, and Economic Growth," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 4(1), pages 37-74, 03.
- Zilibotti, Fabrizio & Aghion, Philippe & Acemoglu, Daron, 2006. "Distance to Frontier, Selection, and Economic Growth," Scholarly Articles 4554122, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2002. "Distance to Frontier, Selection, and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 9066, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul R. Bergin & Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 2007.
"Outsourcing and Volatility,"
NBER Working Papers
13144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gene M. Grossman & Douglas A. Irwin (ed.), 1996. "The Political Economy of Trade Policy: Papers in Honor of Jagdish Bhagwati," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061864, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2843. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.