School Educational Attainment in Kerela: Trends and Differentials
This paper examines the trends and differentials in school educational attainment in Kerala, the State that ranks right on top in terms of human development in India. The trend analysis is based on a cohort-level comparison of educational attainment while the differential analysis is done using life table techniques. The analysis is based on data on educational attainment of the household population in the National Family Health Survey (2005-06). The unique features of this paper are that it provides comparable time-series data on entry to different stages of the schooling system, right from the time the State was formed in 1956, and that it analyses the probabilities of continuing from the first standard to the higher secondary level across different sub-groups of the population.[Working Paper 429]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hrushikesh Mallick, 2008. "Do remittances impact the economy? Some empirical evidences from a developing economy," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 407, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- K.C. Zachariah & S. Irudaya Rajan, 2004. "Gulf revisited: Economic consequences of emigration from Kerala, emigration and unemployment," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 363, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- World Bank, 2009. "Secondary Education in India : Universalizing Opportunity," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3042, The World Bank.
- Dreze, Jean & Sen, Amartya, 2002. "India: Development and Participation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199257492.
- World Bank, 2009. "Secondary Education in India : Universalizing Opportunity," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3041, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2516. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.