Designing a property tax without property values: Analysis in the case of Ireland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Asher Wolinsky, 2000. "A Market Based Approach to Property Tax," Discussion Papers 1320, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Jeffrey I. Chapman & Robert J. Johnston & Timothy J. Tyrrell, 2009. "Implications of a Land Value Tax with Error in Assessed Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(4), pages 576-586.
- McMillen, Daniel P. & Weber, Rachel N., 2008. "Thin Markets and Property Tax Inequities: A Multinomial Logit Approach," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 61(4), pages 653-671, December.
- Smith, Lawrence B & Rosen, Kenneth T & Fallis, George, 1988. "Recent Developments in Economic Models of Housing Markets," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 29-64, March.
- Watson, Dorothy & Williams, James, 2003. "Irish National Survey of Housing Quality 2001-2002," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BMI173, April.
- Richard Bird, 1984. "Put up or shut up: Self-assessment and asymmetric information," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(4), pages 618-620.
- Ronald W. Spahr & Mark A. Sunderman, 1998. "Property Tax Inequities on Ranch and Farm Properties," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(3), pages 374-389.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Poll tax to be replaced by property tax
by Richard Tol in The Irish Economy on 2011-12-21 15:07:29
- Property taxes
by Richard Tol in The Irish Economy on 2010-11-15 15:09:04
- Policy seminar on property taxes
by Richard Tol in The Irish Economy on 2010-11-01 20:13:25
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordshedonic regression/Ireland/property tax;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2010-10-09 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-PUB-2010-10-09 (Public Finance)
- NEP-URE-2010-10-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:wpaper:wp352. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esriiie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.