Designing a property tax without property values: Analysis in the case of Ireland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Asher Wolinsky, 2000. "A Market Based Approach to Property Tax," Discussion Papers 1320, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Smith, Lawrence B & Rosen, Kenneth T & Fallis, George, 1988. "Recent Developments in Economic Models of Housing Markets," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 29-64, March.
- Watson, Dorothy & Williams, James, 2003. "Irish National Survey of Housing Quality 2001-2002," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BMI173.
- Richard Bird, 1984. "Put up or shut up: Self-assessment and asymmetric information," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(4), pages 618-620.
- Jeffrey I. Chapman & Robert J. Johnston & Timothy J. Tyrrell, 2009. "Implications of a Land Value Tax with Error in Assessed Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(4), pages 576-586.
- McMillen, Daniel P. & Weber, Rachel N., 2008. "Thin Markets and Property Tax Inequities: A Multinomial Logit Approach," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 61(4), pages 653-671, December.
- Ronald W. Spahr & Mark A. Sunderman, 1998. "Property Tax Inequities on Ranch and Farm Properties," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(3), pages 374-389.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Poll tax to be replaced by property tax
by Richard Tol in The Irish Economy on 2011-12-21 15:07:29
- Property taxes
by Richard Tol in The Irish Economy on 2010-11-15 15:09:04
- Policy seminar on property taxes
by Richard Tol in The Irish Economy on 2010-11-01 20:13:25
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Thomas Grandner & Dieter Gstach, 2006. "Joint Adjustment of House Prices, Stock Prices and Output Towards Short‐run Equilibrium," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Wouter Vermeulen & J. van Ommeren, 2006. "Compensation of regional unemployment in housing markets," CPB Discussion Paper 57, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Edwin Van Gameren & Michiel Ras & Evelien Eggink & Ingrid Ooms, 2005. "The demand for housing services in the Netherlands," ERSA conference papers ersa05p327, European Regional Science Association.
- Stokey, Nancy L., 2009. "Moving costs, nondurable consumption and portfolio choice," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 144(6), pages 2419-2439, November.
- Morgenroth, Edgar & FitzGerald, John & FitzGerald, John, 2006. "Summary and Conclusions," Book Chapters, in: Morgenroth, Edgar (ed.),Ex-Ante Evaluation of the Investment Priorities for the National Development Plan 2007-2013, chapter 24, pages 317-333, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Maitre, Bertrand & Nolan, Brian & Whelan, Christopher T., 2006. "Reconfiguring the Measurement of Deprivation and Consistent Poverty in Ireland," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number PRS58.
- Ballesteros, Marife M., 2001.
"The Dynamics of Housing Demand in the Philippines: Income and Lifecycle Effects,"
DP 2001-15, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Ballesteros, Marife M., 2002. "The Dynamics of Housing Demand in the Philippines: Income and Lifecycle Effects," Research Paper Series RPS 2002-01, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Jacob L. Vigdor, 2004. "Liquidity Constraints and Housing Prices: Theory and Evidence from the VA Mortgage," NBER Working Papers 10611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luc Arrondel & André Masson, 1989. "Déterminants individuels de la composition du patrimoine : France 1980," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 40(3), pages 441-502.
- Raj Chetty & László Sándor & Adam Szeidl, 2017. "The Effect of Housing on Portfolio Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 72(3), pages 1171-1212, June.
- Michael Dotsey & Wenli Li & Fang Yang, 2014. "Consumption And Time Use Over The Life Cycle," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 55(3), pages 665-692, August.
- Raul-Tomas Mora-Garcia & Maria-Francisca Cespedes-Lopez & V. Raul Perez-Sanchez & Pablo Marti & Juan-Carlos Perez-Sanchez, 2019. "Determinants of the Price of Housing in the Province of Alicante (Spain): Analysis Using Quantile Regression," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-33, January.
- Yang, Zhou, 2018. "Differential effects of land value taxation," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 33-39.
- Wouter Vermeulen & Jos Van Ommeren, 2009.
"Compensation of Regional Unemployment in Housing Markets,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(301), pages 71-88, February.
- Wouter Vermeulen & Jos van Ommeren, 2005. "Compensation of Regional Unemployment in Housing Markets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-093/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Wouter Vermeulen & J. van Ommeren, 2006. "Compensation of regional unemployment in housing markets," CPB Discussion Paper 57.rdf, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Arnott, Richard & Igarashi, Masahiro, 2000.
"Rent control, mismatch costs and search efficiency,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 249-288, May.
- Masahiro Igarashi & Richard Arnott, 1993. "Rent Control, Mismatch Costs And Search Efficiency," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 214, Boston College Department of Economics.
- O'Doherty, Joe & Lyons, Sean & Tol, Richard S.J., 2008.
"Energy-using appliances and energy-saving features: Determinants of ownership in Ireland,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(7), pages 650-662, July.
- Joe O'Doherty & Seán Lyons & Richard S. J. Tol, 2007. "Energy-Using Appliances and Energy-Saving Features: Determinants of Ownership in Ireland," Papers WP219, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Andrew Hanson & Hal Martin, 2014. "Housing Market Distortions and the Mortgage Interest Deduction," Public Finance Review, , vol. 42(5), pages 582-607, September.
- Arnab Bhattacharjee & Eduardo Castro & Taps Maiti & JoÃ£o Marques, 2014. "Endogenous spatial structure and delineation of submarkets: A new framework with application to housing markets," SEEC Discussion Papers 1403, Spatial Economics and Econometrics Centre, Heriot Watt University.
- Murtazashvili, Irina & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2016. "A control function approach to estimating switching regression models with endogenous explanatory variables and endogenous switching," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 190(2), pages 252-266.
- Carole Brunet & Jean-Yves Lesueur, 2003. "Do homeowners stay unemployed longer ? A French micro-econometric study," Post-Print halshs-00178576, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordshedonic regression/Ireland/property tax;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2010-10-09 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-PUB-2010-10-09 (Public Finance)
- NEP-URE-2010-10-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:wpaper:wp352. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/esriiie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sarah Burns (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/esriiie.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.