The Dynamics of Housing Demand in the Philippines: Income and Lifecycle Effects
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ballesteros, Marife M., 2002. "The Dynamics of Housing Demand in the Philippines: Income and Lifecycle Effects," Research Paper Series RPS 2002-01, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mahlon R. Straszheim, 1975. "An Econometric Analysis of the Urban Housing Market," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number stra75-1, January.
- Malpezzi, Stephen & Mayo, Stephen K, 1987. "The Demand for Housing in Developing Countries: Empirical Estimates from Household Data," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(4), pages 687-721, July.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Llanto, Gilberto M. & Sanchez-Robielos, Maria Teresa & Tang, Marie Christine, 1998. "A Study of Housing Subsidies in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 1998-42, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Smith, Lawrence B & Rosen, Kenneth T & Fallis, George, 1988. "Recent Developments in Economic Models of Housing Markets," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 29-64, March.
- Hanushek, Eric A & Quigley, John M, 1980. "What Is the Price Elasticity of Housing Demand?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 449-454, August.
- Richard F. Muth, 1971. "The Derived Demand for Urban Residential Land," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 8(3), pages 243-254, October.
- Friedman, Joseph & Jimenez, Emmanuel & Mayo, Stephen K., 1988. "The demand for tenure security in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 185-198, September.
- Ballesteros, Marife M., 2000. "Land Use Planning in Metro Manila and the Urban Fringe: Implications on the Land and Real Estate Market," Discussion Papers DP 2000-20, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Doling, John & Vandenberg, Paul & Tolentino, Jade, 2013. "Housing and Housing Finance—A Review of the Links to Economic Development and Poverty Reduction," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 362, Asian Development Bank.
- Deuchert, Eva & Felfe, Christina, 2015. "The tempest: Short- and long-term consequences of a natural disaster for children׳s development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 280-294.
- Cacnio, Faith Christian Q., 2001. "Microfinance Approach to Housing: The Community Mortgage Program," Discussion Papers DP 2001-28, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Phanida Roidoung, 2013. "Factors of housing decisions for low and middle-income households in the greater Bangkok area," The Empirical Econometrics and Quantitative Economics Letters, Faculty of Economics, Chiang Mai University, vol. 2(3), pages 13-26, September.
- Eva Deuchert & Christina Felfe, 2013. "The Tempest: Natural Disasters, Early Shocks and Children's Short- and Long-Run Development," CESifo Working Paper Series 4168, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dasgupta,Basab & Lall,Somik V. & Lozano Gracia,Nancy, 2014. "Urbanization and housing investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 115004, The World Bank.
- Rebeca Fontanilla Andong & Edsel Sajor, 2017. "Urban sprawl, public transport, and increasing CO2 emissions: the case of Metro Manila, Philippines," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 99-123, February.
- (No last name available), Himanshu, 2013. "Poverty and Food Security in India," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 369, Asian Development Bank.
- Debuque-Gonzales, Margarita, 2013. "Empirical Determinants and Patterns of Research and Development Investment in Asia," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 364, Asian Development Bank.
- Ballesteros, Marife M., 2001.
"Benefits (and Losses) From Rent Control in the Philippines: An Empirical Study of Metro Manila,"
DP 2001-23, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Ballesteros, Marife M., 2003. "Benefits (and Losses) from Rent Control in the Philippines: An Empirical Study of Metro Manila," Research Paper Series RPS 2002-09, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Prince Christian R. Cruz, 2008. "Transaction Costs and Housing Affordability in Asia," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 11(1), pages 128-150.
- Ballesteros, Marife M., 2004. "Rental Housing for Urban Low-Income Households in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2004-47, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
More about this item
Keywordshousing demand; housing consumption pattern; housing elasticity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_2001-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pidgvph.html .