A Study of Housing Subsidies in the Philippines
The government has estimated big amount of money for building new housing units and renovation/upgrading of old housing units for the 1993-1998. The rapid formation of new households has contributed to an acute demand for housing. Hence, the existence of demand-supply gap, mostly prominent in the lower end of the housing market. This engenders government intervention in the form of regulation, production and financing measures. This study reviews housing subsidy program. In particular, the study aims to measure the different types of subsidies provided in the housing sector, determine the incidence of benefits of the subsidies/identify who bears the burden of subsidies and recommend alternative options for providing subsidies to the most deserving beneficiaries.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.pids.gov.ph/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Agrawal, Nisha, 1988. "The Economic Effects of Public Housing in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(187), pages 254-67, December.
- Harvey S. Rosen, 1983.
"Housing Subsidies: Effects on Housing Decisions, Efficiency, and Equity,"
NBER Working Papers
1161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosen, Harvey S., 1985. "Housing subsidies: Effects on housing decisions, efficiency, and equity," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 375-420 Elsevier.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Llanto, Gilberto M. & Sanchez-Robielos, Maria Teresa & Tang, Marie Christine, 1998. "A Study of Housing Subsidies in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 1998-42, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Albon, Robert & Findlay, Christopher & Piggott, John, 1984. "The Welfare Costs of Owner-Occupier Housing Subsidies: Inflation, Tax Treatment, and Interest Rate Regulation," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(43), pages 206-18, December.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Linneman, Peter, 1989. "Equity and efficiency aspects of rent control: An empirical study of New York City," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 54-74, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_1998-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.