The Effect of Housing on Portfolio Choice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles Himmelberg & Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005.
"Assessing High House Prices: Bubbles, Fundamentals and Misperceptions,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 67-92, Fall.
- Charles P. Himmelberg & Christopher J. Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005. "Assessing high house prices: bubbles, fundamentals, and misperceptions," Staff Reports 218, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Charles Himmelberg & Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005. "Assessing High House Prices: Bubbles, Fundamentals, and Misperceptions," NBER Working Papers 11643, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven J. Davis & Felix Kubler & Paul Willen, 2006.
"Borrowing Costs and the Demand for Equity over the Life Cycle,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 348-362, May.
- Steven J. Davis & Felix Kubler & Paul Willen, 2002. "Borrowing Costs and the Demand for Equity Over the Life Cycle," NBER Working Papers 9331, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven J. Davis & Felix Kubler & Paul S. Willen, 2005. "Borrowing costs and the demand for equity over the life cycle," Working Papers 05-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Davidoff, Thomas, 2010. "Home equity commitment and long-term care insurance demand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 44-49, February.
- Annette Vissing-Jorgensen, 2002. "Towards an Explanation of Household Portfolio Choice Heterogeneity: Nonfinancial Income and Participation Cost Structures," NBER Working Papers 8884, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Szeidl, 2007. "Consumption Commitments and Risk Preferences," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(2), pages 831-877.
- Joao F. Cocco, 2005. "Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Housing," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(2), pages 535-567.
- Smith, Lawrence B & Rosen, Kenneth T & Fallis, George, 1988. "Recent Developments in Economic Models of Housing Markets," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 29-64, March.
- Yamashita, Takashi, 2003. "Owner-occupied housing and investment in stocks: an empirical test," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 220-237, March.
- Heaton, John & Lucas, Deborah, 2000. "Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Background Risk," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(460), pages 1-26, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bracke, Philippe & Hilber, Christian A.L. & Silva, Olmo, 2018.
"Mortgage debt and entrepreneurship,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 52-66.
- Bracke, Philippe & Hilber, Christian & Silva, Olmo, 2015. "Mortgage debt and entrepreneurship," Bank of England working papers 560, Bank of England.
- Bracke, Philippe & Hilber, Christian A. L. & Silva, Olmo, 2018. "Mortgage debt and entrepreneurship," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84703, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Denis Fougere & Mathilde Poulhes, 2014. "La propriété immobilière: quelle influence sur le portefeuille des ménages ?," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2u3vdrl39g9, Sciences Po.
- Corradin, S. & Gropp, R. & Huizinga, H.P. & Laeven, L., 2010.
"Who Invests in Home Equity to Exempt Wealth from Bankruptcy?,"
2010-118, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Corradin, Stefano & Gropp, Reint & Huizinga, Harry & Laeven, Luc, 2013. "Who invests in home equity to exempt wealth from bankruptcy?," SAFE Working Paper Series 21, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Gropp, Reint & Corradin, Stefano & Huizinga, Harry & Laeven, Luc, 2011. "Who invests in home equity to exempt wealth from bankruptcy?," Working Paper Series 1337, European Central Bank.
- Corradin, Stefano & Gropp, Reint & Huizinga, Harry & Laeven, Luc, 2010. "Who Invests in Home Equity to Exempt Wealth from Bankruptcy?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8097, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Michielsen & Remco Mocking & Sander van Veldhuizen, 2015. "Home Ownership and Household Portfolio Choice," CPB Discussion Paper 318, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Marekwica, Marcel & Schaefer, Alexander & Sebastian, Steffen, 2013. "Life cycle asset allocation in the presence of housing and tax-deferred investing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1110-1125.
- Philippe Bracke & Christian Hilber & Olmo Silva, 2012. "Homeownerhip and Entrepreneurship," SERC Discussion Papers 0103, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Marianne Bertrand & Adair Morse, 2016. "Trickle-Down Consumption," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 98(5), pages 863-879, December.
- Raun Ooijen & Rob Alessie & Adriaan Kalwij, 2015. "Saving Behavior and Portfolio Choice After Retirement," De Economist, Springer, vol. 163(3), pages 353-404, September.
More about this item
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:15998. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .