Property Taxation of Multifamily Housing: An Empirical Analysis of Vertical and Horizontal Equity and Assessment Methods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brent C. Smith, 2000. "Applying Models for Vertical Inequity in the Property Tax to a Non-Market Value State," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 19(3), pages 321-344.
- William C. Goolsby, 1997. "Assessment Error in the Valuation of Owner-Occupied Housing," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 13(1), pages 33-46.
- Musgrave, Richard A., 1990. "Horizontal Equity, Once More," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 43(2), pages 113-22, June.
- Joseph G. Kowalski & Peter F. Colwell, 1986. "Market Versus Assessed Values of Industrial Land," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 14(2), pages 361-373.
- Mehta, Shekhar & Giertz, J. Fred, 1996. "Measuring the Performance of the Property Tax Assessment Process," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 49(1), pages 73-85, March.
- Howard Chernick & Andrew Reschovsky, 1990. "The Taxation of the Poor," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 712-735.
- Mark A. Sunderman & John W. Birch & Roger E. Cannaday & Thomas W. Hamilton, 1990. "Testing for Vertical Inequity in Property Tax Systems," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(3), pages 319-334.
- Earl D. Benson & Arthur L. Schwartz, Jr., 1997. "Vertical Equity in the Taxation of Single Family Homes," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 14(3), pages 215-232.
- Kochin, Levis A & Parks, Richard W, 1982. "Vertical Equity in Real Estate Assessment: A Fair Appraisal," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(4), pages 511-532, October.
- Wolverton, Marvin L & Hardin, William G, III & Cheng, Ping, 1999. "Disaggregation of Local Apartment Markets by Unit Type," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 243-257, November.
- Brian J. L. Berry & Robert S. Bednarz, 1975. "A Hedonic Model of Prices and Assessments for Single-Family Homes: Does the Assessor Follow the Market or the Market Follow the Assessor?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 51(1), pages 21-40.
- Clapp, John M, 1990. "A New Test for Equitable Real Estate Tax Assessment," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 233-249, September.
- Barrett A. Slade, 2000. "Office Rent Determinants during Market Decline and Recovery," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 20(3), pages 357-380.
- Allen, Marcus T & Springer, Thomas M & Waller, Neil G, 1995. "Implicit Pricing across Residential Rental Submarkets," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 137-151, September.
- Musgrave, Richard A., 1990. "Horizontal Equity, Once More," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 43(2), pages 113-122, June.
- Lewis M. Segal & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1998. "Trends in homeownership: race, demographics, and income," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q II, pages 53-72.
- Michaels, R. Gregory & Smith, V. Kerry, 1990. "Market segmentation and valuing amenities with hedonic models: The case of hazardous waste sites," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 223-242, September.
- Oded Palmon & Baron A. Smith, 1998. "New Evidence on Property Tax Capitalization," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 1099-1128, October.
- Edwin S. Mills & Luan Sende Lubuele, 1997. "Inner Cities," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 727-756, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shi, Song & Young, Martin & Hargreaves, Bob, 2009. "Issues in measuring a monthly house price index in New Zealand," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 336-350, December.
More about this item
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:27:n:1:2005:p:17-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://www.aresnet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.