New Evidence on Property Tax Capitalization
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Linneman, Peter & Voith, Richard, 1991.
"Housing price functions and ownership capitalization rates,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 100-111, July.
- Peter Linneman & Richard Voith, 1988. "Housing price functions and ownership capitalization rates," Working Papers 88-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Rosen, Harvey S & Fullerton, David J, 1977. "A Note on Local Tax Rates, Public Benefit Levels, and Property Values," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(2), pages 433-440, April.
- Peter T. Chinloy, 1978. "Effective Property Taxes and Tax Capitalization," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 11(4), pages 740-750, November.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1979. "Property values, local public expenditure and economic efficiency," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 223-245, March.
- Dusansky, Richard & Ingber, Melvin & Karatjas, Nicholas, 1981. "The impact of property taxation on housing values and rents," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 240-255, September.
- Starrett, David A, 1981. "Land Value Capitalization in Local Public Finance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 306-327, April.
- Wales, T J & Wiens, E G, 1974. "Capitalization of Residential Property Taxes: An Empirical Study," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(3), pages 329-333, August.
- Palmon, Oded & Smith, Barton A., 1998. "A New Approach for Identifying the Parameters of a Tax Capitalization Model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 299-316, September.
- Edel, Matthew & Sclar, Elliott, 1974. "Taxes, Spending, and Property Values: Supply Adjustment in a Tiebout-Oates Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(5), pages 941-954, Sept./Oct.
- Reinhard, Raymond M, 1981. "Estimating Property Tax Capitalization: A Further Comment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1251-1260, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:106:y:1998:i:5:p:1099-1128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.