Child labor, agricultural shocks and labor sharing in rural Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pramila Krishnan & Emanuela Sciubba, 2009.
"Links and Architecture in Village Networks,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(537), pages 917-949, April.
- Pramila Krishnan & Emanuela Sciubba, 2006. "Links and Architecture in Village Networks," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0614, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Krishnan, Pramila & Sciubba, Emanuela, 2008. "Links and Architecture in Village Networks," CEPR Discussion Papers 6787, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1988.
"Risk, Implicit Contracts and the Family in Rural Areas of Low-income Countries,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1148-1170, December.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1986. "Risk, Implicit Contracts and the Family in Rural Areas of Low-Income Countries," Bulletins 7518, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Kaushik Basu, 1999.
"Child Labor: Cause, Consequence, and Cure, with Remarks on International Labor Standards,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1083-1119, September.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1998. "Child labor : cause, consequence, and cure, with remarks on International Labor Standards," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2027, The World Bank.
- Irineu Evangelista de Carvalho Filho, 2012.
"Household Income as a Determinant of Child Labor and School Enrollment in Brazil: Evidence from a Social Security Reform,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(2), pages 399-435.
- Irineu E de Carvalho Filho, 2008. "Household Income As A Determinant of Child Labor and School Enrollment in Brazil; Evidence From A Social Security Reform," IMF Working Papers 08/241, International Monetary Fund.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu E., 2010. "Household income as a determinant of child labor and school enrollment in Brazil: Evidence from a social security reform," MPRA Paper 26046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1995. "Consumption Insurance: An Evaluation of Risk-Bearing Systems in Low-Income Economies," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 83-102, Summer.
- Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2009.
"Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1143-1154, June.
- Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2008. "Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador," IZA Discussion Papers 3358, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Calero, C. & Bedi, A.S. & Sparrow, R.A., 2008. "Remittances, liquidity constraints and human capital investments in Ecuador," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18735, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Hanan G. Jacoby & Emmanuel Skoufias, 1997. "Risk, Financial Markets, and Human Capital in a Developing Country," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(3), pages 311-335.
- Sonia Bhalotra & Christopher Heady, 2003.
"Child Farm Labor: The Wealth Paradox,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 197-227, December.
- Bhalotra, Sonia & Heady, Christopher, 2001. "Child farm labour : the wealth paradox," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 24088, The World Bank.
- Sonia Bhalotra & Christopher Heady, 2003. "Child Farm Labor: The Wealth Paradox," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 03/553, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Ranjan, Priya, 1999. "An economic analysis of child labor," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 99-105, July.
- Anjini Kochar, 1999. "Smoothing Consumption by Smoothing Income: Hours-of-Work Responses to Idiosyncratic Agricultural Shocks in Rural India," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(1), pages 50-61, February.
- Denis Cogneau & Remi Jedwab, 2008.
"Family Income and Child Outcomes:The 1990 Cocoa Price Shock in Cote d'Ivoire,"
CEDI Discussion Paper Series
08-13, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Denis Cogneau & Rémi Jedwab, 2008. "Family income and child outcomes: the 1990 cocoa price shock in Cote d’Ivoire," Working Papers DT/2008/05, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 2000.
"Does Child Labour Displace Schooling? Evidence on Behavioural Responses to an Enrollment Subsidy,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 158-175, March.
- Ravallion, Martin*Wodon, Quentin, 1999. "Does child labor displace schooling? - evidence on behavioral responses to an enrollment subsidy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2116, The World Bank.
- Stefan Dercon, 2002.
"Income Risk, Coping Strategies, and Safety Nets,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 141-166, September.
- Stefan Dercon, 2000. "Income risk, coping strategies and safety nets," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-26, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2002. "Income Risk, Coping Strategies and Safety Nets," WIDER Working Paper Series 022, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sawada, Yasayuki & Lokshin, Michael, 2001. "Household schooling decisions in rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2541, The World Bank.
- Admassie, Assefa, 2002. "Allocation Of Children'S Time Endowment Between Schooling And Work In Rural Ethiopia," Discussion Papers 18716, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Beegle, Kathleen & Dehejia, Rajeev H. & Gatti, Roberta, 2006. "Child labor and agricultural shocks," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 80-96, October.
- Partha Deb & Furio Rosati, 2002. "Determinants of Child Labor and School Attendance: The Role of Household Unobservables," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 02/9, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Lorenzo Guarcello & Fabrizia Mealli & Furio Rosati, 2010.
"Household vulnerability and child labor: the effect of shocks, credit rationing, and insurance,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(1), pages 169-198, January.
- Guarcelllo, Lorenzo & Mealli, Fabrizia & Rosati, Furio Camillo, 2003. "Household vulnerability and child labor : the effect of shocks, credit rationing and insurance," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 29136, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsEthiopia; child labor; labor sharing; shocks; social networks;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-10-16 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-10-16 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2010-10-16 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:18702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.