Financial time series forecasting using empirical mode decomposition and support vector regression
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nava, Noemi & Di Matteo, Tiziana & Aste, Tomaso, 2016. "Time-dependent scaling patterns in high frequency financial data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 68645, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Aymanns, Christoph & Caccioli, Fabio & Farmer, J. Doyne & Tan, Vincent W.C., 2016.
"Taming the Basel leverage cycle,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 263-277.
- Christoph Aymanns & Fabio Caccioli & J. Doyne Farmer & Vincent W. C. Tan, 2015. "Taming the Basel Leverage Cycle," Papers 1507.04136, arXiv.org.
- Aymanns, Christoph & Caccioli, Fabio & Farmer, J. Doyne & Tan, Vincent W.C., 2015. "Taming the Basel leverage cycle," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65089, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Aymanns, Christoph & Caccioli, Fabio & Farmer, J. Doyne & Tan, Vincent W.C., 2016. "Taming the Basel leverage cycle," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65676, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Khandakar, Yeasmin, 2008.
"Automatic Time Series Forecasting: The forecast Package for R,"
Journal of Statistical Software,
Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i03).
- Rob J. Hyndman & Yeasmin Khandakar, 2007. "Automatic time series forecasting: the forecast package for R," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 6/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Liu, Hui & Chen, Chao & Tian, Hong-qi & Li, Yan-fei, 2012. "A hybrid model for wind speed prediction using empirical mode decomposition and artificial neural networks," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 545-556.
- Cheng, Ching-Hsue & Wei, Liang-Ying, 2014. "A novel time-series model based on empirical mode decomposition for forecasting TAIEX," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 136-141.
- Varga-Haszonits, Istvan & Caccioli, Fabio & Kondor, Imre, 2016. "Replica approach to mean-variance portfolio optimization," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 68955, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Qingcheng Zeng & Chenrui Qu, 2014. "An approach for Baltic Dry Index analysis based on empirical mode decomposition," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 224-240, May.
- Clements, Michael P. & Franses, Philip Hans & Swanson, Norman R., 2004.
"Forecasting economic and financial time-series with non-linear models,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 169-183.
- Michael P. Clements & Philip Hans Franses & Norman R. Swanson, 2003. "Forecasting economic and financial time-series with non-linear models," Departmental Working Papers 200309, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Yu, Lean & Wang, Shouyang & Lai, Kin Keung, 2008. "Forecasting crude oil price with an EMD-based neural network ensemble learning paradigm," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2623-2635, September.
- Fabio Caccioli & Imre Kondor & Matteo Marsili & Susanne Still, 2016. "Liquidity Risk And Instabilities In Portfolio Optimization," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(05), pages 1-28, August.
- T. Di Matteo, 2007. "Multi-scaling in finance," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 21-36.
- Istvan Varga-Haszonits & Fabio Caccioli & Imre Kondor, 2016. "Replica approach to mean-variance portfolio optimization," Papers 1606.08679, arXiv.org.
- Lin, Chiun-Sin & Chiu, Sheng-Hsiung & Lin, Tzu-Yu, 2012. "Empirical mode decomposition–based least squares support vector regression for foreign exchange rate forecasting," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2583-2590.
- Tay, Francis E. H. & Cao, Lijuan, 2001. "Application of support vector machines in financial time series forecasting," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 309-317, August.
- Noemi Nava & T. Di Matteo & Tomaso Aste, 2017. "Dynamic correlations at different time-scales with Empirical Mode Decomposition," Papers 1708.06586, arXiv.org.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:12:y:2019:i:7:p:1347-:d:220952 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsempirical mode decomposition; support vector regression; forecasting;
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:91028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.