Probabilistic Interest Rate Setting With A Shadow Board: A Description Of The Pilot Project
This study aims to assess the scope for monetary policymakers to aggregate probabilistic interest rate advice. The members of a Shadow Board give probabilistic assessments of the appropriate (target) interest rate for Australia in real time. The pilot project will be running in August, September and October 2011, with the Shadow Board giving advice shortly before each decision by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) Board.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Crawford Building, Lennox Crossing, Building #132, Canberra ACT 2601|
Phone: +61 2 6125 4705
Fax: +61 2 6125 5448
Web page: http://cama.crawford.anu.edu.au
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anke Weber, 2010. "Monetary Policy Committees, Learning and Communication," IMF Working Papers 10/85, International Monetary Fund.
- Berger, Helge & Ehrmann, Michael & Fratzscher, Marcel, 2006.
"Monetary policy in the media,"
Working Paper Series
0679, European Central Bank.
- Kenneth F. Wallis, 2005. "Combining Density and Interval Forecasts: A Modest Proposal," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(s1), pages 983-994, December.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2007.
"Monetary Policy Strategy,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262134829, December.
- Roopesh Ranjan & Tilmann Gneiting, 2010. "Combining probability forecasts," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 72(1), pages 71-91.
- Geraats, P.M., 2005.
"The Mystique of Central Bank Speak,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0543, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Anne-Sofie Jore & James Mitchell & Shaun P. Vahey, 2008.
"Combining forecast densities from VARs with uncertain instabilities,"
2008/01, Norges Bank.
- Anne Sofie Jore & James Mitchell & Shaun P. Vahey, 2010. "Combining forecast densities from VARs with uncertain instabilities," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 621-634.
- Anne Sofie Jore & James Mitchell & Shaun Vahey, 2008. "Combining Forecast Densities from VARs with Uncertain Instabilities," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2008/18, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Anne Sibert, 2003. "Monetary Policy Committees: Individual and Collective Reputations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(3), pages 649-665.
- Sibert, Anne, 2006.
"Central Banking by Committee,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5626, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carin van der Cruijsen & David-Jan Jansen & Jakob de Haan, 2015.
"How Much Does the Public Know about the ECB’s Monetary Policy? Evidence from a Survey of Dutch Households,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 11(4), pages 169-218, December.
- Carin van der Cruijsen & David-Jan Jansen & Jakob de Haan, 2010. "How much does the public know about the ECB's monetary policy? Evidence from a survey of Duch households," DNB Working Papers 252, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- van der Cruijsen, Carin & Jansen, David-Jan & de Haan, Jakob, 2010. "How much does the public know about the ECB's monetary policy? Evidence from a survey of Dutch households," Working Paper Series 1265, European Central Bank.
- Christian Kascha & Francesco Ravazzolo, 2010.
"Combining inflation density forecasts,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(1-2), pages 231-250.
- Robert L. Winkler, 1968. "The Consensus of Subjective Probability Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(2), pages 61-75, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:een:camaaa:2011-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cama Admin)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.