Earnings Valuation And Sources Of Growth
A structural discounted cash flow (DCF) model shows that the underlying sources of earnings growth generate very different growth paths and equity values than assumed in traditional DCF calculations. Moreover, the structural DCF model can assess the impact of exogenous factors on valuation, uncovering new costs of deflation or high inflation among other results. These findings have important implications for researchers, policy makers, and practitioners.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 2 6125 4705
Fax: +61 2 6125 5448
Web page: http://cama.crawford.anu.edu.au
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Friedman, James W, 1971. "A Non-cooperative Equilibrium for Supergames," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(113), pages 1-12, January.
- Leonard Cheng, 1985. "Comparing Bertrand and Cournot Equilibria: A Geometric Approach," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 146-152, Spring.
- Ingolf Dittmann & Ernst Maug & Johannes Kemper, 2004. "How Fundamental are Fundamental Values? Valuation Methods and their Impact on the Performance of German Venture Capitalists," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 10(4), pages 609-638.
- Andrew F. Daughety, 1985. "Reconsidering Cournot: The Cournot Equilibrium is Consistent," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 368-379, Autumn.
- Subrahmanyam, Marti G & Thomadakis, Stavros B, 1980. "Systematic Risk and the Theory of the Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 94(3), pages 437-51, May.
- Marty, Alvin L & Chaloupka, Frank J, 1988. "Optimal Inflation Rates: A Generalization," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(1), pages 141-44, February.
- Booth, Laurence, 1991. "The Influence of Production Technology on Risk and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 109-127, March.
- Matsumoto, Akio & Nonaka, Yasuo, 2006. "Statistical dynamics in a chaotic Cournot model with complementary goods," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 769-783, December.
- Novshek, William, 1980. "Cournot Equilibrium with Free Entry," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 473-86, April.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2008. "Keynesian Models of Deflation and Depression Revisited: Inside Debt and Price Flexibility," Working Papers wp169, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Williamson, Stephen D, 1987. "Transactions Costs, Inflation, and the Variety of Intermediation Services," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(4), pages 484-98, November.
- Bradford Cornell, 2001. "Is the Response of Analysts to Information Consistent with Fundamental Valuation? The Case of Intel," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 30(1), Spring.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:een:camaaa:2008-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cama Admin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.