Complex Reduced Rank Models for Seasonally Cointegrated Time Series
This paper introduces a new representation for seasonally cointegrated variables, namely the complex error correction model, which allows statistical inference to be performed by reduced rank regression. The suggested estimators and tests statistics are asymptotically equivalent to their maximum likelihood counterparts. Tables are provided for both asymptotic and finite sample critical values, and an empirical example is presented to illustrate the concepts and methods.
|Date of creation:||01 Aug 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 1 212 998 3820|
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/pastmeetings.asp
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988.
"Seasonal, Integration And Cointegration,"
6-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Kunst, Robert M., 1995.
"On the role of seasonal intercepts in seasonal cointegration,"
15, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Kunst, Robert M, 1999. " On the Role of Seasonal Intercepts in Seasonal Cointegration," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(3), pages 409-33, August.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Kunst, R.M., 1998. "On the role of seasonal intercepts in seasonal cointegration," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9820, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Kunst, Robert M, 1993. "Seasonal Cointegration, Common Seasonals, and Forecasting Seasonal Series," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 761-76.
- Cubadda, Gianluca, 1999. "Common Cycles in Seasonal Non-stationary Time Series," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 273-91, May-June.
- Canova, Fabio & Hansen, Bruce E, 1995. "Are Seasonal Patterns Constant over Time? A Test for Seasonal Stability," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(3), pages 237-52, July.
- Ahn, Sung K. & Reinsel, Gregory C., 1994. "Estimation of partially nonstationary vector autoregressive models with seasonal behavior," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 317-350, June.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & B. Ravikumar, 1991.
"A neoclassical model of seasonal fluctuations,"
91-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Johansen, Soren & Schaumburg, Ernst, 1998.
"Likelihood analysis of seasonal cointegration,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 301-339, November.
- Hylleberg, Svend & Jorgensen, Clara & Sorensen, Nils Karl, 1993. "Seasonality in Macroeconomic Time Series," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 321-35.
- Lee, Hahn S. & Siklos, Pierre L., 1995. "A note on the critical values for the maximum likelihood (seasonal) cointegration tests," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 137-145, August.
- Lee, Hahn Shik, 1992. "Maximum likelihood inference on cointegration and seasonal cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 1-47.
- King, Robert G. & Plosser, Charles I. & Rebelo, Sergio T., 1988. "Production, growth and business cycles : II. New directions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 309-341.
- Osborn, Denise R., 1993. "Seasonal cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1-2), pages 299-303.
- Ermini, Luigi & Chang, Dongkoo, 1996. "Testing the joint hypothesis of rationality and neutrality under seasonal cointegration: The case of Korea," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 363-386, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:wc2000:0092. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.