Complex Reduced Rank Models for Seasonally Cointegrated Time Series
This paper introduces a new representation for seasonally cointegrated variables, namely the complex error correction model, which allows statistical inference to be performed by reduced rank regression. The suggested estimators and tests statistics are asymptotically equivalent to their maximum likelihood counterparts. The small sample properties are evaluated by a Monte Carlo study and an empirical example is presented to illustrate the concepts and methods. Copyright 2001 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 63 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ|
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0305-9049
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0305-9049|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ermini, Luigi & Chang, Dongkoo, 1996. "Testing the joint hypothesis of rationality and neutrality under seasonal cointegration: The case of Korea," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 363-386, October.
- Johansen, Soren & Schaumburg, Ernst, 1998.
"Likelihood analysis of seasonal cointegration,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 301-339, November.
- Johansen, S. & Schaumburg, E., 1997. "Likelihood Analysis of Seasonal Cointegration," Economics Working Papers eco97/16, European University Institute.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R. F. & Granger, C. W. J. & Yoo, B. S., 1990. "Seasonal integration and cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 215-238.
- Hyllerberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal Integration And Cointegration," Papers 0-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal, Integration And Cointegration," Papers 6-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Chatterjee, Satyajit & Ravikumar, B., 1992. "A neoclassical model of seasonal fluctuations," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 59-86, February.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & B. Ravikumar, 1991. "A neoclassical model of seasonal fluctuations," Working Papers 91-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Cubadda, Gianluca, 1999. "Common Cycles in Seasonal Non-stationary Time Series," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 273-291, May-June.
- Osborn, Denise R., 1993. "Seasonal cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1-2), pages 299-303.
- Hylleberg, Svend & Jorgensen, Clara & Sorensen, Nils Karl, 1993. "Seasonality in Macroeconomic Time Series," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 321-335.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Kunst, Robert M, 1999. " On the Role of Seasonal Intercepts in Seasonal Cointegration," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(3), pages 409-433, August.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Kunst, Robert M., 1995. "On the role of seasonal intercepts in seasonal cointegration," Economics Series 15, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Kunst, R.M., 1998. "On the role of seasonal intercepts in seasonal cointegration," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9820, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Kunst, Robert M, 1993. "Seasonal Cointegration, Common Seasonals, and Forecasting Seasonal Series," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 761-776.
- Ahn, Sung K. & Reinsel, Gregory C., 1994. "Estimation of partially nonstationary vector autoregressive models with seasonal behavior," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 317-350, June.
- Lee, Hahn S. & Siklos, Pierre L., 1995. "A note on the critical values for the maximum likelihood (seasonal) cointegration tests," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 137-145, August.
- Lee, Hahn Shik, 1992. "Maximum likelihood inference on cointegration and seasonal cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 1-47.
- King, Robert G. & Plosser, Charles I. & Rebelo, Sergio T., 1988. "Production, growth and business cycles : II. New directions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 309-341.
- Canova, Fabio & Hansen, Bruce E, 1995. "Are Seasonal Patterns Constant over Time? A Test for Seasonal Stability," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(3), pages 237-252, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)