Are universal banks better underwriters? Evidence from the last days of the Glass-Steagall Act
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Robert Marquez, 2006. "Lending Booms and Lending Standards," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(5), pages 2511-2546, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francis, Bill & Gupta, Aparna & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2015. "Impact of compensation structure and managerial incentives on bank risk taking," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(2), pages 651-676.
- Leonardo Gambacorta & Adrian van Rixtel, 2013.
"Structural bank regulation initiatives: approaches and implications,"
Bancaria Editrice, vol. 6, pages 14-27, June.
- Leonardo Gambacorta & Adrian Van Rixtel, 2013. "Structural bank regulation initiatives: approaches and implications," BIS Working Papers 412, Bank for International Settlements.
- Mohamed Azzim Gulamhussen & Carlos Pinheiro & Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2010.
"Do multinational banks create or destroy economic value?,"
Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers
36, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Gulamhussen, M. A. & Piheiro, Carlos & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2011. "Do multinational banks create or destroy economic value?," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp11057, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
More about this item
Keywordsdefault; Glass-Steagall Act; investment banking; securities underwriting;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- N22 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-01-23 (Banking)
- NEP-PKE-2011-01-23 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2011-01-23 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbwps:20111287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.