Childhood Aspirations, Occupational Outcomes and Exposure to Violence: Evidence from Burundi
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lionel Jeusette & Philip Verwimp, 2017. "Childhood aspirations, occupational outcomes and exposure to violence: Evidence from Burundi," HiCN Working Papers 247, Households in Conflict Network.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:wly:emetrp:v:85:y:2017:i::p:489-519 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patricio S. Dalton & Sayantan Ghosal & Anandi Mani, 2016.
"Poverty and Aspirations Failure,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 126(590), pages 165-188, February.
- Dalton, Patricio S; Ghosal, Sayantan; Mani, Anandi, 2010. "Poverty and Aspirations Failure," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 22, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Dalton, P.S. & Ghosal, S. & Mani, A., 2011. "Poverty and Aspirations Failure," Discussion Paper 2011-124, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Pasquier-Doumer, Laure & Risso Brandon, Fiorella, 2015.
"Aspiration Failure: A Poverty Trap for Indigenous Children in Peru?,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 208-223.
- Laure Pasquier-Doumer & Fiorella Risso Brandon, 2013. "Aspiration failure: a poverty trap for indigenous children in Peru?," Working Papers DT/2013/10, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Laure Pasquier-Doumer & Fiorella Risso Brandon, 2015. "Aspiration failure: a poverty trap for indigenous children in Peru?," Post-Print hal-01291455, HAL.
- Richard Akresh & Philip Verwimp & Tom Bundervoet, 2011.
"Civil War, Crop Failure, and Child Stunting in Rwanda,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 777-810.
- Akresh, Richard & Verwimp, Philip & Bundervoet, Tom, 2007. "Civil war, crop failure, and child stunting in Rwanda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4208, The World Bank.
- Bundervoet, Tom, 2010. "Assets, Activity Choices, and Civil War: Evidence from Burundi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 955-965, July.
- Tom Bundervoet & Philip Verwimp & Richard Akresh, 2009.
"Health and Civil War in Rural Burundi,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 44(2).
- Bundervoet, Tom & Verwimp, Philip & Akresh, Richard, 2007. "Health and Civil War in Rural Burundi," IZA Discussion Papers 2951, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tom Bundervoet & Philip Verwimp & Richard Akresh, 2008. "Health and Civil War in Rural Burundi," Research Working Papers 5, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Bundervoet, Tom & Verwimp, Philip & Akresh, Richard, 2008. "Health and civil war in rural Burundi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4500, The World Bank.
- Bruce Wydick & Paul Glewwe & Laine Rutledge, 2013. "Does International Child Sponsorship Work? A Six-Country Study of Impacts on Adult Life Outcomes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 121(2), pages 393-436.
- J. Vernon Henderson & Adam Storeygard & David N. Weil, 2012.
"Measuring Economic Growth from Outer Space,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(2), pages 994-1028, April.
- Vernon Henderson & Adam Storeygard & David N. Weil, 2009. "Measuring Economic Growth from Outer Space," Working Papers 2009-8, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- J. Vernon Henderson & Adam Storeygard & David N. Weil, 2009. "Measuring Economic Growth from Outer Space," NBER Working Papers 15199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12016 is not listed on IDEAS
- Verwimp, Philip, 2012. "Undernutrition, subsequent risk of mortality and civil war in Burundi," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 221-231.
- Edward Miguel & Sebastián M. Saiegh & Shanker Satyanath, 2011. "Civil War Exposure And Violence," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 59-73, March.
- Rozana Himaz, 2013. "Impact of Parental Death in Middle Childhood and Adolescence on Child Outcomes," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 22(3), pages 463-490, June.
- Patrick Domingues & Thomas Barre, 2013. "The Health Consequences of the Mozambican Civil War: An Anthropometric Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 755-788.
- Garance Genicot & Debraj Ray, 2017. "Aspirations and Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 85, pages 489-519, March.
More about this item
Keywordsaspirations; outcomes; armed violence; domestic violence; aspiration failures;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2017-06-04 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-DEM-2017-06-04 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2017-06-04 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/251557. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.