South-South and Triangular Cooperation in Asia-Pacific : Towards a New Paradigm in Development Cooperation
SSC and TDC in Asia-Pacific have grown in importance over the past decades with the rising complementarities and emergence of growth poles in the region and due to attention paid by the governments to regional economic cooperation. Asian emerging countries have been cooperating with their partner countries within and outside the region primarily through sharing of development experiences, cooperation projects, capacity building, technical assistance, but increasingly also including subsidized lines of credit and grants, preferential market access on unilateral and reciprocal basis. Against that background, this paper reviews the relevance of SSC and TDC and the emerging trends and patterns in Asian context. It then discusses the policy challenges for exploiting the full potential of SSC and TDC and enhancing their effectiveness.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.eaber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nagesh KUMAR, 2008.
"Internationalization of Indian Enterprises: Patterns, Strategies, Ownership Advantages, and Implications,"
Asian Economic Policy Review,
Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 3(2), pages 242-261.
- Nagesh Kumar, 2008. "Internationalization of Indian Enterprises : Patterns, Strategies, Ownership Advantages and Implications," Microeconomics Working Papers 22113, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Sachin Chaturvedi, 2008. "Emerging Patterns in Architecture for Management of Economic Assistance and Development Cooperation : Implications and Challenges for India," Development Economics Working Papers 22092, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Nagesh Kumar & K.J. Joseph, 2006. "National Innovation Systems and Indiaâ€™s IT Capability: Are There Any Lessons for ASEAN Newcomers?," Chapters, in: Asiaâ€™s Innovation Systems in Transition, chapter 10 Edward Elgar.
- Ratha, Dilip & Mohapatra, Sanket & Plaza, Sonia, 2008. "Beyond aid : new sources and innovative mechanisms for financing development in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4609, The World Bank.
- Bazoumana Ouattara & Eric Strobl, 2008. "Aid, Policy and Growth: Does Aid Modality Matter?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 144(2), pages 347-365, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:develo:22112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.