Beyond Gaussian Averages: Redirecting Management Research Toward Extreme Events and Power Laws
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Levy, Moshe & Solomon, Sorin, 1997. "New evidence for the power-law distribution of wealth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 90-94.
- Axelrod, Robert & Bennett, D. Scott, 1993. "A Landscape Theory of Aggregation," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 211-233, April.
- Abraham Ravid, S., 2004. "Hollywood Economics: How extreme uncertainty shapes the film industry, Arthur De Vany; Routledge, London and New York, 2004, pages xvi + 308, ISBN 0-415-31260-4 (hbk), $135.00, 0-415-31261-2 (pbk), $3," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 895-898, December.
- Carley, Kathleen M., 1996. "A comparison of artificial and human organizations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 175-191, November.
- Cederman, Lars-Erik, 2003. "Modeling the Size of Wars: From Billiard Balls to Sandpiles," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 97(1), pages 135-150, February.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Forni, Mario & Lippi, Marco, 1997. "Aggregation and the Microfoundations of Dynamic Macroeconomics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288008.
- S. Battiston & M. Catanzaro, 2004. "Statistical properties of corporate board and director networks," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 38(2), pages 345-352, March.
- Poole, Marshall Scott & Van de Ven, Andrew H. & Dooley, Kevin & Holmes, Michael E., 2000. "Organizational Change and Innovation Processes: Theory and Methods for Research," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195131987.
- Nonaka, Ikujiro & Nishiguchi, Toshihiro, 2001. "Knowledge Emergence: Social, Technical and Evolutionary Dimensions of Knowledge Creation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195130638.
- Zanette, Damián H & Manrubia, Susanna C, 2001. "Vertical transmission of culture and the distribution of family names," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 295(1), pages 1-8.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yang, Jianmei & Wang, Wenjie & Chen, Guanrong, 2009. "A two-level complex network model and its application," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(12), pages 2435-2449.
More about this item
KeywordsPower laws; fractals; Gaussian; Pareto; Mandelbrot; distribution; robustness; interdependence; positive feedback; extremes; complexity; earthquakes; normal science;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dur:durham:2006_03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IT Office). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deduruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.