Beyond Gaussian Averages: Redirecting Management Research Toward Extreme Events and Power Laws
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Levy, Moshe & Solomon, Sorin, 1997. "New evidence for the power-law distribution of wealth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 90-94.
- repec:cai:popine:popu_p1977_32n1_0130 is not listed on IDEAS
- Axelrod, Robert & Bennett, D. Scott, 1993. "A Landscape Theory of Aggregation," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 211-233, April.
- repec:cai:popine:popu_p1977_32n1_0034 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abraham Ravid, S., 2004. "Hollywood Economics: How extreme uncertainty shapes the film industry, Arthur De Vany; Routledge, London and New York, 2004, pages xvi + 308, ISBN 0-415-31260-4 (hbk), $135.00, 0-415-31261-2 (pbk), $3," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 895-898, December.
- Carley, Kathleen M., 1996. "A comparison of artificial and human organizations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 175-191, November.
- repec:cai:popine:popu_p1977_32n1_0298 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:01:p:135-150_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Forni, Mario & Lippi, Marco, 1997. "Aggregation and the Microfoundations of Dynamic Macroeconomics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288008.
- S. Battiston & M. Catanzaro, 2004. "Statistical properties of corporate board and director networks," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 38(2), pages 345-352, March.
- Poole, Marshall Scott & Van de Ven, Andrew H. & Dooley, Kevin & Holmes, Michael E., 2000. "Organizational Change and Innovation Processes: Theory and Methods for Research," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195131987.
- Nonaka, Ikujiro & Nishiguchi, Toshihiro, 2001. "Knowledge Emergence: Social, Technical and Evolutionary Dimensions of Knowledge Creation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195130638.
- Zanette, Damián H & Manrubia, Susanna C, 2001. "Vertical transmission of culture and the distribution of family names," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 295(1), pages 1-8.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yang, Jianmei & Wang, Wenjie & Chen, Guanrong, 2009. "A two-level complex network model and its application," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(12), pages 2435-2449.
More about this item
KeywordsPower laws; fractals; Gaussian; Pareto; Mandelbrot; distribution; robustness; interdependence; positive feedback; extremes; complexity; earthquakes; normal science;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dur:durham:2006_03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IT Office). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deduruk.html .