Volatility Activity: Specification and Estimation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Todorov, Viktor & Tauchen, George & Grynkiv, Iaryna, 2011.
"Realized Laplace transforms for estimation of jump diffusive volatility models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 164(2), pages 367-381, October.
- Viktor Todorov & Iaryna Grynkiv & George Tauchen, 2010. "Realized Laplace Transforms for Estimation of Jump Diffusive Volatility Models," Working Papers 10-75, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2004.
"Power and Bipower Variation with Stochastic Volatility and Jumps,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(1), pages 1-37.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2003. "Power and bipower variation with stochastic volatility and jumps," Economics Papers 2003-W17, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Todorov, Viktor & Tauchen, George, 2010.
"Activity signature functions for high-frequency data analysis,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 125-138, February.
- George Tauchen & Viktor Todorov, 2010. "Activity Signature Functions for High-Frequency Data Analysis," Working Papers 10-08, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Torben G. Andersen & Luca Benzoni & Jesper Lund, 2002.
"An Empirical Investigation of Continuous-Time Equity Return Models,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1239-1284, June.
- Torben G. Andersen & Luca Benzoni & Jesper Lund, 2001. "An Empirical Investigation of Continuous-Time Equity Return Models," NBER Working Papers 8510, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cecilia Mancini, 2009. "Non-parametric Threshold Estimation for Models with Stochastic Diffusion Coefficient and Jumps," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 36(2), pages 270-296.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Viktor Todorov & George Tauchen, 2011.
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 356-371, July.
- Chernov, Mikhail & Ronald Gallant, A. & Ghysels, Eric & Tauchen, George, 2003.
"Alternative models for stock price dynamics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 225-257.
- Chernov, Mikhail & Gallant, A. Ronald & Ghysels, Eric & Tauchen, George, 2002. "Alternative Models for Stock Price Dynamic," Working Papers 02-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Mikhail Chernov & A. Ronald Gallant & Eric Ghysels & George Tauchen, 2002. "Alternative Models for Stock Price Dynamics," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-58, CIRANO.
- Carrasco, Marine & Chernov, Mikhail & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Ghysels, Eric, 2007. "Efficient estimation of general dynamic models with a continuum of moment conditions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 529-573, October.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based models and some of their uses in financial economics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 167-241.
- Viktor Todorov & George Tauchen, 2012. "The Realized Laplace Transform of Volatility," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 80(3), pages 1105-1127, May.
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman, 2002. "The Fine Structure of Asset Returns: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 305-332, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrea Barletta & Paolo Santucci de Magistris & Francesco Violante, 2016. "Retrieving Risk-Neutral Densities Embedded in VIX Options: a Non-Structural Approach," CREATES Research Papers 2016-20, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- repec:eee:econom:v:200:y:2017:i:1:p:36-47 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hounyo, Ulrich & Varneskov, Rasmus T., 2017. "A local stable bootstrap for power variations of pure-jump semimartingales and activity index estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 198(1), pages 10-28.
- Andrea Barletta & Paolo Santucci de Magistris & Francesco Violante, 0404. "A Non-Structural Investigation of VIX Risk Neutral Density," CREATES Research Papers 2017-15, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Gonzalez-Perez, Maria T., 2015. "Model-free volatility indexes in the financial literature: A review," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 141-159.
- Park, Yang-Ho, 2016. "The effects of asymmetric volatility and jumps on the pricing of VIX derivatives," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 313-328.
More about this item
KeywordsAsymmetric Volatility Activity; High-Frequency Data; Laplace Transform; Signed Power Variation; Specification Testing; Stochastic Volatility; Volatility Jumps;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-11-14 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2011-11-14 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-MST-2011-11-14 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:duk:dukeec:11-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Department of Economics Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://econ.duke.edu/ .