Activity signature functions for high-frequency data analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- George Tauchen & Viktor Todorov, 2010. "Activity Signature Functions for High-Frequency Data Analysis," Working Papers 10-08, Duke University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacod, Jean, 2008. "Asymptotic properties of realized power variations and related functionals of semimartingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(4), pages 517-559, April.
- Peter Carr & Hélyette Geman & Dilip B. Madan & Marc Yor, 2003. "Stochastic Volatility for Lévy Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 345-382.
- Ballotta, Laura, 2005. "A Lévy process-based framework for the fair valuation of participating life insurance contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 173-196, October.
- Zhang, Lan & Mykland, Per A. & Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 2005.
"A Tale of Two Time Scales: Determining Integrated Volatility With Noisy High-Frequency Data,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 1394-1411, December.
- Lan Zhang & Per A. Mykland & Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 2003. "A Tale of Two Time Scales: Determining Integrated Volatility with Noisy High Frequency Data," NBER Working Papers 10111, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carr, Peter & Wu, Liuren, 2007. "Stochastic skew in currency options," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 213-247, October.
- Mark Broadie & Jerome B. Detemple, 2004. "ANNIVERSARY ARTICLE: Option Pricing: Valuation Models and Applications," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(9), pages 1145-1177, September.
- S. Z. Levendorski, 2004. "Early exercise boundary and option prices in Levy driven models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(5), pages 525-547.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based models and some of their uses in financial economics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 167-241.
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman, 2002. "The Fine Structure of Asset Returns: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 305-332, April.
- Elton A. Daal & Dilip B. Madan, 2005. "An Empirical Examination of the Variance-Gamma Model for Foreign Currency Options," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2121-2152, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bondarenko, Oleg & Todorov, Viktor & Tauchen, George, 2015.
"The fine structure of equity-index option dynamics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 187(2), pages 532-546.
- Torben G. Andersen & Oleg Bondarenko & Viktor Todorov & George Tauchen, 2013. "The Fine Structure of Equity-Index Option Dynamics," CREATES Research Papers 2013-52, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Kim Christensen & Ulrich Hounyo & Mark Podolskij, 0509. "Is the diurnal pattern sufficient to explain the intraday variation in volatility? A nonparametric assessment," CREATES Research Papers 2017-30, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-565 is not listed on IDEAS
- Julien Chevallier & Benoît Sévi, 2014.
"On the Stochastic Properties of Carbon Futures Prices,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 127-153.
- Julien Chevallier & Benoît Sévi, 2012. "On the Stochastic Properties of Carbon Futures Prices," Working Papers halshs-00720166, HAL.
- Julien Chevallier & Benoît Sévi, 2014. "On the Stochastic Properties of Carbon Futures Prices," Post-Print hal-01474249, HAL.
- repec:eee:spapps:v:127:y:2017:i:7:p:2208-2242 is not listed on IDEAS
- Todorov, Viktor & Tauchen, George & Grynkiv, Iaryna, 2014. "Volatility activity: Specification and estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, pages 180-193.
- repec:eee:econom:v:202:y:2018:i:1:p:18-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hounyo, Ulrich & Varneskov, Rasmus T., 2017. "A local stable bootstrap for power variations of pure-jump semimartingales and activity index estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 198(1), pages 10-28.
- Erdemlioglu, Deniz & Laurent, Sébastien & Neely, Christopher J., 2015.
"Which continuous-time model is most appropriate for exchange rates?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 61(S2), pages 256-268.
- Deniz Erdemlioglu & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely, 2013. "Which continuous-time model is most appropriate for exchange rates?," Working Papers 2013-024, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Deniz Erdemlioglu & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely, 2015. "Which continuous-time model is most appropriate for exchange rates?," Post-Print hal-01457402, HAL.
- Tim Bollerslev & Viktor Todorov, 2011. "Estimation of Jump Tails," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(6), pages 1727-1783, November.
- Torben G. Andersen & Oleg Bondarenko & Maria T. Gonzalez-Perez, 2011. "Coherent Model-Free Implied Volatility: A Corridor Fix for High-Frequency VIX," CREATES Research Papers 2011-49, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Bandi, F.M. & Renò, R., 2016. "Price and volatility co-jumps," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 107-146.
- Benoît Sévi & César Baena, 2011. "Brownian motion vs. pure-jump processes for individual stocks," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages 3138-3152.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Jean Jacod, 2010. "Analyzing the Spectrum of Asset Returns: Jump and Volatility Components in High Frequency Data," NBER Working Papers 15808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhi Liu, 2017. "Jump-robust estimation of volatility with simultaneous presence of microstructure noise and multiple observations," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 427-469, April.
- Ulrich Hounyo & Rasmus T. Varneskov, 2015. "A Local Stable Bootstrap for Power Variations of Pure-Jump Semimartingales and Activity Index Estimation," CREATES Research Papers 2015-26, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Todorov, Viktor & Tauchen, George & Grynkiv, Iaryna, 2011.
"Realized Laplace transforms for estimation of jump diffusive volatility models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 164(2), pages 367-381, October.
- Viktor Todorov & Iaryna Grynkiv & George Tauchen, 2010. "Realized Laplace Transforms for Estimation of Jump Diffusive Volatility Models," Working Papers 10-75, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Caporin, Massimiliano & Kolokolov, Aleksey & Renò, Roberto, 2014. "Multi-jumps," MPRA Paper 58175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kim Christensen & Ulrich Hounyo & Mark Podolskij, 2016. "Testing for heteroscedasticity in jumpy and noisy high-frequency data: A resampling approach," CREATES Research Papers 2016-27, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
More about this item
KeywordsActivity index Blumenthal-Getoor index Jumps Levy process Realized power variation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:154:y:2010:i:2:p:125-138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.