Supply Curves for Hydro Reservoirs - Estimation and Usage in Large-Scale Electricity Market Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Green and Nicholas Vasilakos, 2012.
"Storing Wind for a Rainy Day: What Kind of Electricity Does Denmark Export?,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Richard Green & Nicholas Vasilakos, 2010. "Storing Wind for a Rainy Day: What Kind of Electricity Does Denmark Export?," Discussion Papers 10-19, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Richard Green & Nicholas Vasilakos, 2011. "Storing Wind for a Rainy Day What kind of electricity does Denmark export?," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Competition Policy (CCP) 2011-11, Centre for Competition Policy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Tuohy, Aidan & Meibom, Peter & Denny, Eleanor & O'Malley, Mark, 2009. "Unit commitment for systems with significant wind penetration," MPRA Paper 34849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sandsmark, Maria & Tennbakk, Berit, 2010. "Ex post monitoring of market power in hydro dominated electricity markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1500-1509, March.
- Trepper, Katrin & Bucksteeg, Michael & Weber, Christoph, 2015. "Market splitting in Germany – New evidence from a three-stage numerical model of Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 199-215.
- Wolfgang, Ove & Haugstad, Arne & Mo, Birger & Gjelsvik, Anders & Wangensteen, Ivar & Doorman, Gerard, 2009. "Hydro reservoir handling in Norway before and after deregulation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1642-1651.
- Hirth, Lion, 2016. "The benefits of flexibility: The value of wind energy with hydropower," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 210-223.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jahns, Christopher & Podewski, Caroline & Weber, Christoph, 2020. "Supply curves for hydro reservoirs – Estimation and usage in large-scale electricity market models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C).
- Felten, Björn & Weber, Christoph, 2018. "The value(s) of flexible heat pumps – Assessment of technical and economic conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 1292-1319.
- Philipp Härtel & Magnus Korpås, 2017. "Aggregation Methods for Modelling Hydropower and Its Implications for a Highly Decarbonised Energy System in Europe," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-28, November.
- Felten, Björn, 2020. "An integrated model of coupled heat and power sectors for large-scale energy system analyses," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 266(C).
- Bucksteeg, Michael & Wiedmann, Michael & Pöstges, Arne & Haller, Markus & Böttger, Diana & Ruhnau, Oliver & Schmitz, Richard, 2021. "The transformation of integrated electricity and heat systems—Assessing mid-term policies using a model comparison approach," EconStor Preprints 242981, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Hirth, Lion & Ueckerdt, Falko & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2015. "Integration costs revisited – An economic framework for wind and solar variability," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 925-939.
- Zakeri, Behnam & Virasjoki, Vilma & Syri, Sanna & Connolly, David & Mathiesen, Brian V. & Welsch, Manuel, 2016. "Impact of Germany's energy transition on the Nordic power market – A market-based multi-region energy system model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P3), pages 1640-1662.
- Obermüller, Frank, 2017. "Build Wind Capacities at Windy Locations? Assessment of System Optimal Wind Locations," EWI Working Papers 2017-9, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Després, Jacques & Hadjsaid, Nouredine & Criqui, Patrick & Noirot, Isabelle, 2015.
"Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 486-495.
- Jacques Després & Nourédine Hadjsaïd & Patrick Criqui & Isabelle Noirot, 2015. "Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools," Post-Print hal-01100882, HAL.
- Kemfert, Claudia & Kunz, Friedrich & Rosellón, Juan, 2016. "A welfare analysis of electricity transmission planning in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 446-452.
- Zepter, Jan Martin & Weibezahn, Jens, 2019. "Unit commitment under imperfect foresight – The impact of stochastic photovoltaic generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 243(C), pages 336-349.
- Vithayasrichareon, Peerapat & MacGill, Iain F., 2013. "Assessing the value of wind generation in future carbon constrained electricity industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 400-412.
- Osório, G.J. & Lujano-Rojas, J.M. & Matias, J.C.O. & Catalão, J.P.S., 2015. "A probabilistic approach to solve the economic dispatch problem with intermittent renewable energy sources," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 949-959.
- Henao, Felipe & Viteri, Juan P. & Rodríguez, Yeny & Gómez, Juan & Dyner, Isaac, 2020. "Annual and interannual complementarities of renewable energy sources in Colombia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Martin N. Hjelmeland & Arild Helseth & Magnus Korpås, 2019. "Medium-Term Hydropower Scheduling with Variable Head under Inflow, Energy and Reserve Capacity Price Uncertainty," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Hase, Bastian & Seidel, Christian, 2021. "Balancing services by run-of-river-hydropower at low reservoir amplitudes: Potentials, revenues and emission impacts," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 294(C).
- Kruyt, Bert & Lehning, Michael & Kahl, Annelen, 2017. "Potential contributions of wind power to a stable and highly renewable Swiss power supply," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 1-11.
- Bingke Yan & Bo Wang & Lin Zhu & Hesen Liu & Yilu Liu & Xingpei Ji & Dichen Liu, 2015. "A Novel, Stable, and Economic Power Sharing Scheme for an Autonomous Microgrid in the Energy Internet," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-24, November.
- Bergen, Matías & Muñoz, Francisco D., 2018. "Quantifying the effects of uncertain climate and environmental policies on investments and carbon emissions: A case study of Chile," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 261-273.
- Luca Riboldi & Steve Völler & Magnus Korpås & Lars O. Nord, 2019. "An Integrated Assessment of the Environmental and Economic Impact of Offshore Oil Platform Electrification," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(11), pages 1-21, June.
More about this item
Keywordshydropower; water value; Econometric models; large-scale electricity market models;
All these keywords.
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dui:wpaper:1901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fwessde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Andreas Fritz (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fwessde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.