Libéralisme Économique et Croissance: Le Cas de Six Pays Méditerranéens
This paper is dedicated to study the impact of economic freedom on economic growth. We use the methodology of panel data for the case of six Mediterranean developing countries. Our results show that the index of economic freedom in the process of development is not necessarily efficient in these developing countries. Therefore these countries need economic policies to precede the process of economic liberalization.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 200 Avenue de la République, Bât. G - 92001 Nanterre Cedex|
Web page: http://economix.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pillarisetti, J.Ram, 2005. "The World Bank's 'genuine savings' measure and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 599-609, December.
- Kevin O'Rourke, 2007.
"Democracy and Protectionism,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- W. Kenn Farr & Richard A. Lord & J. Larry Wolfenbarger, 1998. "Economic Freedom, Political Freedom, and Economic Well-Being: A Causality Analysis," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 18(2), pages 247-262, Fall.
- Richard L. Stroup, 2003. "Economic freedom and environmental quality," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Oct, pages 73-90.
- James D. Gwartney & Randall G. Holcombe & Robert A. Lawson, 2004. "Economic Freedom, Institutional Quality,and Cross-Country Differences in Income and Growth," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 24(3), pages 205-233, Fall.
- Alfredo Esposto & Peter Zaleski, 1999. "Economic Freedom and the Quality of Life: An Empirical Analysis," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 185-197, June.
- Hildegunn Ekroll Stokke, 2005. "Productivity Growth in Backward Economies and the Role of Barriers to Technology Adoption," Working Paper Series 4905, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- repec:cto:journl:v:18:y:1998:i:2:p: is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamilton, Kirk & Clemens, Michael, 1999. "Genuine Savings Rates in Developing Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 333-56, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:drm:wpaper:2009-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valérie Mignon)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.