Wage Inequality and the Labor Market Impact of Economic Transformation: Croatia, 1970-2008
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hoffman, Saul D. & Bićanić, Ivo & Vukoja, Oriana, 2012. "Wage inequality and the labor market impact of economic transformation: Croatia, 1970–2008," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 206-217.
References listed on IDEAS
- Branko Milanovic, 1999. "Explaining the increase in inequality during transition," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(2), pages 299-341, July.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992.
"Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521438827.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992. "Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521433297.
- Katz, Lawrence F. & Autor, David H., 1999. "Changes in the wage structure and earnings inequality," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 26, pages 1463-1555 Elsevier.
- David Card & John E. DiNardo, 2002.
"Skill-Biased Technological Change and Rising Wage Inequality: Some Problems and Puzzles,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(4), pages 733-783, October.
- David Card & John E. DiNardo, 2002. "Skill Biased Technological Change and Rising Wage Inequality: Some Problems and Puzzles," NBER Working Papers 8769, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jan Rutkowski, 1996. "High skills pay off: the changing wage structure during economic transition in Poland," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 4(1), pages 89-112, May.
- Andrew Clark, 2000. "The Returns and Implications of Human Capital Investment in a Transition Economy: An Empirical Analysis for Russia 1994-1998," CERT Discussion Papers 0002, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
More about this item
KeywordsCroatia; Economics of Transition; Inequality; Gini coefficient;
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
- P23 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Factor and Product Markets; Industry Studies; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2011-08-22 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAB-2011-08-22 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2011-08-22 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-TRA-2011-08-22 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dlw:wpaper:11-17.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Saul Hoffman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deudeus.html .