Barrgh-gaining with Somali Pirates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Khusrav Gaibulloev & Todd Sandler, 2009. "Hostage Taking: Determinants of Terrorist Logistical and Negotiation Success," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 46(6), pages 739-756, November.
- Olaf J. de Groot & Matthew D. Rablen & Anja Shortland, 2011.
"Gov-aargh-nance - "even criminals need law and order","
CEDI Discussion Paper Series
11-01, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Olaf J. de Groot & Matthew D. Rablen & Anja Shortland, 2011. "Gov-aargh-nance: "Even Criminals Need Law and Order"," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 46, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- de Groot, Olaf J. & Rablen, Matthew D. & Shortland, Anja, 2011. "Gov-Aargh-Nance – “Even Criminals Need Law And Order”," NEPS Working Papers 7/2011, Network of European Peace Scientists.
- Muthoo,Abhinay, 1999. "Bargaining Theory with Applications," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521576475, October.
- Bellavance, Franois & Dionne, Georges & Lebeau, Martin, 2009.
"The value of a statistical life: A meta-analysis with a mixed effects regression model,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 444-464, March.
- François Bellavance & Georges Dionne & Martin Lebeau, 2006. "The Value of a Statistical Life: a Meta-Analysis with a Mixed Effects Regression Model," Cahiers de recherche 0646, CIRPEE.
- Timothy Besley & Thiemo Fetzer & Hannes Mueller, 2012.
"One Kind of Lawlessness: Estimating the Welfare Cost of Somali Piracy,"
626, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Tim Besley & Thiemo Fetzer & Hannes Mueller, 2012. "One Kind of Lawlessness: Estimating the Welfare Cost of Somali Piracy," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 898.12, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Sami Bensassi, 2013.
"The Price Of Modern Maritime Piracy,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(5), pages 397-418, October.
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Sami Bensassi, 2011. "The price of modern maritime piracy," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 213, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- MatthewD. Rablen, 2008. "Relativity, Rank and the Utility of Income," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 801-821, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:77:y:1983:i:01:p:36-54_24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anja Shortland & Federico Varese, 2012. "The Business of Pirate Protection," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 75, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Peter T. Leeson, 2007. "An-arrgh-chy: The Law and Economics of Pirate Organization," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115(6), pages 1049-1094, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shortland Anja, 2015. "Can We Stop Talking about Somali Piracy Now? A Personal Review of Somali Piracy Studies," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 21(4), pages 419-431, December.
- Alfredo Burlando & Anca D. Cristea & Logan M. Lee, 2015.
"The Trade Consequences of Maritime Insecurity: Evidence from Somali Piracy,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 525-557, August.
- Burlando, Alfredo & Cristea, Anca D. & Lee, Logan M., 2014. "The Trade Consequences of Maritime Insecurity: Evidence from Somali Piracy," MPRA Paper 61934, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Schubert & Leonhard K. Lades, 2014.
"Fighting maritime piracy: three lessons from pompeius magnus,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 481-497, October.
- Christian Schubert & Leonhard K. Lades, 2012. "Fighting Maritime Piracy: Three Lessons from Pompeius Magnus," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-017, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Shortland Anja & Percy Sarah, 2013. "Governance, Naval Intervention and Piracy in Somalia," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 19(2), pages 275-283, August.
- Lewis, Justin S., 2016. "Maritime piracy confrontations across the globe: Can crew action shape the outcomes?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 116-122.
More about this item
KeywordsPiracy; ransom; duration; bargaining; law enforcement; Somalia;
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diweos:diweos74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .