Fighting Maritime Piracy: Three Lessons from Pompeius Magnus
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christian Schubert & Leonhard K. Lades, 2014. "Fighting maritime piracy: three lessons from pompeius magnus," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 481-497, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anja Shortland, 2010.
"The Business of Piracy in Somalia,"
DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 6(23), pages 182-186.
- Sarah Percy & Anja Shortland, 2010. "The Business of Piracy in Somalia," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1033, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Anja Shortland & Sarah Percy, 2011. "The Business of Piracy in Somalia," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 11-08, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Shortland, Anja & Vothknecht, Marc, 2011.
"Combating “maritime terrorism” off the coast of Somalia,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(S1), pages 133-151.
- Anja Shortland & Marc Vothknecht, 2010. "Combating "Maritime Terrorism" off the Coast of Somalia," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1079, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Anja Shortland & Marc Vothknecht, 2011. "Combating "Maritime Terrorism" off the Coast of Somalia," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 11-02, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Anja Shortland & Marc Vothknecht, 2011. "Combating "Maritime Terrorism" off the Coast of Somalia," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 47, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Powell, Benjamin & Ford, Ryan & Nowrasteh, Alex, 2008. "Somalia after state collapse: Chaos or improvement?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(3-4), pages 657-670, September.
- Leeson, Peter T., 2007. "Better off stateless: Somalia before and after government collapse," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 689-710, December.
- Peter Leeson, 2009. "The calculus of piratical consent: the myth of the myth of social contract," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 443-459, June.
- Peter T. Leeson, 2007. "An-arrgh-chy: The Law and Economics of Pirate Organization," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115(6), pages 1049-1094, December.
More about this item
KeywordsPiracy; Somalia; Public Choice Theory;
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- N43 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-08 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2012-017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .