Fighting maritime piracy: three lessons from pompeius magnus
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Christian Schubert & Leonhard K. Lades, 2012. "Fighting Maritime Piracy: Three Lessons from Pompeius Magnus," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-017, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anja Shortland, 2010.
"The Business of Piracy in Somalia,"
DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 6(23), pages 182-186.
- Sarah Percy & Anja Shortland, 2010. "The Business of Piracy in Somalia," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1033, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Anja Shortland & Sarah Percy, 2011. "The Business of Piracy in Somalia," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 11-08, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Shortland, Anja & Vothknecht, Marc, 2011.
"Combating “maritime terrorism” off the coast of Somalia,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(S1), pages 133-151.
- Anja Shortland & Marc Vothknecht, 2010. "Combating "Maritime Terrorism" off the Coast of Somalia," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1079, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Anja Shortland & Marc Vothknecht, 2011. "Combating "Maritime Terrorism" off the Coast of Somalia," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 11-02, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Anja Shortland & Marc Vothknecht, 2011. "Combating "Maritime Terrorism" off the Coast of Somalia," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 47, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Powell, Benjamin & Ford, Ryan & Nowrasteh, Alex, 2008. "Somalia after state collapse: Chaos or improvement?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(3-4), pages 657-670, September.
- Leeson, Peter T., 2007. "Better off stateless: Somalia before and after government collapse," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 689-710, December.
- Peter Leeson, 2009. "The calculus of piratical consent: the myth of the myth of social contract," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 443-459, June.
- Peter T. Leeson, 2007. "An-arrgh-chy: The Law and Economics of Pirate Organization," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115(6), pages 1049-1094, December.
- Olaf J. de Groot & Matthew D. Rablen & Anja Shortland, 2012. "Barrgh-gaining with Somali Pirates," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 74, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- N43 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: Pre-1913
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:defpea:v:25:y:2014:i:5:p:481-497. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GDPE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.