The transition from school to work in Russia during and after socialism: change or continuity?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kennedy, Robert E., 1997. "A tale of two economies: Economic restructuring in post-socialist Poland," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 841-865, June.
- John M. Litwack, 1991. "Legality and Market Reform in Soviet-Type Economies," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 77-89.
- Hildegard Brauns & Markus Gangl & Stefani Scherer, 1999. "Education and Unemployment: Patterns of Labour Market Entry in France, the United Kingdom and Germany," MZES Working Papers 6, MZES.
- Jan Svejnar, 1991. "Microeconomic Issues in the Transition to a Market Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 123-138.
- Eyraud, Francois & Marsden, David & Silvestre, Jean-Jacques, 1990. "Occupational and internal labour markets in Britain and France," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 21305, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Markus Gangl, 2000. "European Perspectives on Labour Market Entry : A Matter of Institutional Linkages between Training Systems and Labour Markets?," MZES Working Papers 24, MZES.
- Andres Vikat & Zsolt Spéder & Gijs Beets & Francesco Billari & Christoph Bühler & Aline Désesquelles & Tineke Fokkema & Jan M. Hoem & Alphonse MacDonald & Gerda Neyer & Ariane Pailhé & Antonella Pinne, 2007. "Generations and Gender Survey (GGS)," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 17(14), pages 389-440, November.
- Stefani Scherer, 2004. "Stepping-Stones or Traps?," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, pages 369-394.
More about this item
KeywordsRussian Federation; early adulthood; educational systems; employment; occupational qualifications; transitional society; unemployment;
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2008-11-04 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-EDU-2008-11-04 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2008-11-04 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2008-11-04 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2008-11-04 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dem:wpaper:wp-2008-018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Wilhelm). General contact details of provider: http://www.demogr.mpg.de/ .