Technological Backwardness in Agriculture: Is It due to Lack of R&D Expenditures, Human Capital and Openness to International Trade?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Milton Friedman & Simon Kuznets, 1954. "Income from Independent Professional Practice," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie54-1, January.
- Vernon W. Ruttan, 2002.
"Productivity Growth in World Agriculture: Sources and Constraints,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 161-184, Fall.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2002. "Productivity Growth In World Agriculture: Sources And Constraints," Staff Papers 14176, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Lockheed, Marlaine E & Jamison, Dean T & Lau, Lawrence J, 1987. "Farmer Education and Farm Efficiency: Reply," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(3), pages 643-644, April.
- Kaneda, Hiromitzu, 1982. "Specification of production functions for analyzing technical change and factor inputs in agricultural development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 97-108.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Jorgenson, Dale W & Fraumeni, Barbara M, 1992. " Investment in Education and U.S. Economic Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(0), pages 51-70, Supplemen.
- D. W. Jorgenson & Z. Griliches, 1967. "The Explanation of Productivity Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 249-283.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong-Wha, 1993.
"International comparisons of educational attainment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 363-394, December.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 1993. "International Comparisons of Educational Attainment," NBER Working Papers 4349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chris Fawson & C. Richard Shumway & Robert L. Basmann, 1990. "Agricultural Production Technologies with Systematic and Stochastic Technical Change," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(1), pages 182-199.
- Jacob Mincer, 1958. "Investment in Human Capital and Personal Income Distribution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 281-281.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, December.
- Comin, D. & Hobijn, B., 2004.
"Cross-country technology adoption: making the theories face the facts,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, pages 39-83.
- Comin, D. & Hobijn, B., 2003. "Cross-Country Technology Adoption: Making the Theories Face the Facts," Working Papers 03-04, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Diego Comin & Bart Hobijn, 2003. "Cross-country technology adoption: making the theories face the facts," Staff Reports 169, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Stephen M. Miller & Mukti P. Upadhyay, 2002. "Total Factor Productivity, Human Capital and Outward Orientation: Differences by Stage of Ddevelopment and Geographic Regions," Working papers 2002-33, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- repec:mes:challe:v:31:y:1988:i:4:p:56-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mombert Hoppe, 2005. "Technology Transfer Through Trade," Working Papers 2005.19, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural production function; Agricultural technology; Dynamic error components models; Non-linear models; R&D expenditures; Human capital; Openness;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2006-12-01 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2006-12-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2006-12-01 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2006-12-01 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HRM-2006-12-01 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-INO-2006-12-01 (Innovation)
- NEP-INT-2006-12-01 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:deg:conpap:c010_014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jan Pedersen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehhsdk.html .