Positional effects, product quality and regulation in duopoly
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Luca Lambertini & Raimondello Orsini, 2005. "Positional effects, product quality and regulation in duopoly," Recherches économiques de Louvain, De Boeck Université, vol. 71(4), pages 367-381.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crampes, Claude & Hollander, Abraham, 1995.
"Duopoly and quality standards,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 71-82, January.
- Crampes, C. & Hollander, A., 1991. "Duopoly and Quality Standards," Cahiers de recherche 9128, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Crampes, C. & Hollander, A., 1991. "Duopoly and Quality Standards," Cahiers de recherche 9128, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Crampes, C. & Hollander, A., 1992. "Duopoly and Quality Standards," Papers 92.g, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Jaskold Gabszewicz, J. & Thisse, J. -F., 1979. "Price competition, quality and income disparities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 340-359, June.
- L. Lambertini, 1995.
"The Multiproduct Monopolist Under Vertical Differentiation: an Inductive Approach,"
226, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luca LAMBERTINI, 1997. "The multiproduct monopolist under vertical differentiation : An inductive approach," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1997021, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1994.
"Commodity Taxation in a Differentiated Oligopoly,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 613-633, August.
- CREMER, Helmut & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1992. "Commodity taxation in a differentiated oligopoly," CORE Discussion Papers 1992035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-François, 1993. "Commodity Taxation in a Differentiated Oligopoly," IDEI Working Papers 25, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Cremer, H. & Thisse, J.-F., 1994. "Commodity taxation in a differentiated oligopoly," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1112, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Basu, Kaushik, 1987. "Monopoly, quality uncertainty and 'status' goods," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 435-446.
- Lambertini, Luca & Mosca, Manuela, 1999. "On the Regulation of a Vertically Differentiated Market," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 354-366, December.
- Uri Ronnen, 1991. "Minimum Quality Standards, Fixed Costs, and Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(4), pages 490-504, Winter.
- H. Leibenstein, 1950. "Bandwagon, Snob, and Veblen Effects in the Theory of Consumers' Demand," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(2), pages 183-207.
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1996. "Veblen Effects in a Theory of Conspicuous Consumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 349-373, June.
- Ecchia, Giulio & Lambertini, Luca, 1997. "Minimum Quality Standards and Collusion," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 101-113, March.
- Ireland, Norman J., 1994. "On limiting the market for status signals," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 91-110, January.
- Lambertini, Luca & Orsini, Raimondello, 2002. "Vertically Differentiated Monopoly with a Positional Good," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 151-163, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luca Savorelli & Jacob Seifert, 2016. "Spatial competition and social welfare in the presence of non-monotonic network effects," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201615, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews, revised 06 Jun 2017.
- Klarl, Torben, 2013.
"Consumer's Environmental Awareness and the Role of (Green) Entrepreneurship: Lessons from Environmental Quality Competition and R&D Activities for Environmental Policy,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79729, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Torben Klarl, 2013. "Consumer's Environmental Awareness and the Role of (Green) Entrepreneurship: Lessons from Environmental Quality Competition and R&D Activities for Environmental Policy," Discussion Paper Series 321, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Evdokia Dritsa & Eleftherios Zacharias, 2012. "Price Competition in a Duopoly Characterized by Positional Effects," Working Papers 12-21, NET Institute.
- Dorothée Brécard, 2013. "Environmental Quality Competition and Taxation in the Presence of Green Network Effect Among Consumers," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 54(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Petal Jean Hackett, 2012. "Cutting too Close? Design Protection and Innovation in Fashion Goods," CESifo Working Paper Series 3716, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsPositional externality; status siiking; vertical differential; quality standard;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ctl:louvre:2005041. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sebastien SCHILLINGS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iruclbe.html .