Overcoming urban-rural imbalances: the role of cooperatives and social enterprises
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Salustri, Andrea & Mosca, Michele & Viganò, Federica, 2015. "Overcoming urban-rural imbalances: the role of cooperatives and social enterprises," MPRA Paper 67685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Weisbrod, Burton A, 1983. "Nonprofit and Proprietary Sector Behavior: Wage Differentials among Lawyers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(3), pages 246-263, July.
- Leete, Laura, 2000. "Wage equity and employee motivation in nonprofit and for-profit organizations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 423-446, December.
- Mathieu Narcy, 2011. "Would nonprofit workers accept to earn less? Evidence from France," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 313-326.
- Bel Germà & Fageda Xavier & E. Mildred, 2014.
"Is private production of public services cheaper than public production? A meta-regression analysis of solid waste and water services,"
Public administration issues,
Higher School of Economics, issue 3, pages 103-140.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda & Mildred E. Warner, 2010. "Is private production of public services cheaper than public production? A meta-regression analysis of solid waste and water services," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(3), pages 553-577.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda & Mildred E. Warner, 2009. "Is Private Production of Public Services Cheaper than Public Production? A meta-regression analysis of solid waste and water services," IREA Working Papers 200923, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Oct 2009.
- Mildred E. Warner, 2011. "Competition Or Cooperation In Urban Service Delivery?," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 82(4), pages 421-435, December.
- Alison Caffyn & Margareta Dahlstrom, 2005. "Urban-rural interdependencies: Joining up policy in practice," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 283-296.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Ermanno Tortia, 2013. "Productivity, wages and intrinsic motivations," Small Business Economics, Springer, pages 379-399.
- E. Dijkgraaf & R. Gradus, 2003. "Cost Savings of Contracting Out Refuse Collection," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, pages 149-161.
- Germa Bel & Anton Costas, 2006.
"Do Public Sector Reforms Get Rusty? Local Privatization in Spain,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1-24.
- Ricardo J Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2004. "Fear of Sudden Stops: Lessons from Australia and Chile," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2004-03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2005. "Fear of Sudden Stops: Lessons from Australia and Chile," Research Department Publications 4363, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Jonathan Kearns & Ricardo J. Caballero & Kevin Cowan, 2004. "Fear of Sudden Stops: lessons from Australia and Chile," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 185, Econometric Society.
- Ricardo Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2004. "Fear of Sudden Stops: Lessons from Australia and Chile," NBER Working Papers 10519, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yolanda K. Kodrzycki, 1994. "Privatization of local public services: lessons for New England," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 31-46.
- Lester M. Salamon & S. Wojciech Sokolowski & Megan A. Haddock, 2011. "Measuring The Economic Value Of Volunteer Work Globally: Concepts, Estimates, And A Roadmap To The Future," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 82(3), pages 217-252, September.
- Mildred Warner, 2009. "Civic government or market-based governance? The limits of privatization for rural local governments," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), pages 133-143.
- Preston, Anne E, 1989. "The Nonprofit Worker in a For-Profit World," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(4), pages 438-463, October.
- Limao, Nuno & Venables, Anthony J., 1999. "Infrastructure, geographical disadvantage, and transport costs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2257, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordscooperative economics; nonprofit institutions and social enterprises; urban-rural development; size and spatial distributions of regional economic activity;
- J54 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Producer Cooperatives; Labor Managed Firms
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-12-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2015-12-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2015-12-20 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HME-2015-12-20 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crc:wpaper:1512. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRIEC). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciulgbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.