The Geography of UK International Trade
This Paper examines how the geography of UK international trade has changed since the UK’s accession to the European Economic Community using a newly constructed dataset that gives a detailed breakdown of the UK’s imports and exports by both port of entry and exit, and commodity. Our results suggest that between 1970 and 1992 overall imports and exports re-orientated in favour of ports located nearer to the continent. The vast majority of individual commodities also saw a similar re-orientation.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Winters, L Alan, 1984. "British Imports of Manufactures and the Common Market," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 103-18, March.
- Henry Overman & L. Alan Winters, 2003.
"Trade Shocks and Industrial Location: the Impact of EEC Accession on the UK,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0588, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Henry G. Overman & L. Alan Winters, 2006. "Trade shocks and industrial location: the impact of EEC accession on the UK," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 676, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Fujita, M. & Thisse, J.-F., .
"Economics of agglomeration,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1250, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fujita,Masahisa & Thisse,Jacques-François, 2013. "Economics of Agglomeration," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107001411.
- Fujita,Masahisa & Thisse,Jacques-François, 2013. "Economics of Agglomeration," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521171960.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1996. "Economics of Agglomeration," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 339-378, December.
- J. Peter Neary, 2000.
"Of hype and hyperbolas : introducing the new economic geography,"
200019, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- J.Peter Neary, 2001. "Of Hype and Hyperbolas: Introducing the New Economic Geography," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 536-561, June.
- Limao, Nuno & Venables, Anthony J., 1999. "Infrastructure, geographical disadvantage, and transport costs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2257, The World Bank.
- A G Hoare, 1977. "The geography of British exports," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 9(2), pages 121-136, February.
- A G Hoare, 1988. "Geographical aspects of British overseas trade: a framework and a review," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 20(10), pages 1345-1364, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:4259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.