Price Competition Between an Expert and a Non-Expert
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bouckaert, Jan & Degryse, Hans, 2000. "Price competition between an expert and a non-expert," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 901-923, August.
- Bouckaert, J.M.C. & Degryse, H.A., 1998. "Price competition between an expert and a non-expert," Discussion Paper 1998-49, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Che, Yeon-Koo, 1996. "Customer Return Policies for Experience Goods," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 17-24, March.
- Taylor, Curtis R, 1995. "The Economics of Breakdowns, Checkups, and Cures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 53-74, February.
- Pagano, Marco & Roell, Ailsa, 1992.
"Auction and dealership markets : What is the difference?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 613-623, April.
- Ailsa Röell & Marco Pagano, 1991. "Auction and Dealership Markets: What is the Difference?," FMG Discussion Papers dp125, Financial Markets Group.
- Krishna, Kala, 1989. "Trade restrictions as facilitating practices," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 251-270, May.
- Winand Emons, 1997. "Credence Goods and Fraudelent Experts," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(1), pages 107-119, Spring.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1989. "Industrial organization and international trade," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1179-1223 Elsevier.
- Meurer, Michael & Stahl, Dale II, 1994. "Informative advertising and product match," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Rajiv Lal & Carmen Matutes, 1989. "Price Competition in Multimarket Duopolies," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(4), pages 516-537, Winter.
- Asher Wolinsky, 1993.
"Competition in a Market for Informed Experts' Services,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(3), pages 380-398, Autumn.
- Asher Wolinsky, 1991. "Competition in a Market for Informed Experts' Services," Discussion Papers 959, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexandre Gaudeul, 2004. "Shareware competition: Selling an experience," Game Theory and Information 0409008, EconWPA.
- Dulleck, Uwe & Kerschbamer, Rudolf, 2009.
"Experts vs. discounters: Consumer free-riding and experts withholding advice in markets for credence goods,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 15-23, January.
- Uwe Dulleck & Rudolf Kerschbamer, 2005. "Experts vs. discounters: consumer free riding and experts withholding advice in markets for credence goods," Economics working papers 2005-09, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Uwe Dulleck & Rudolf Kerschbamer, 2007. "Experts vs. Discounters: Consumer Free Riding and Experts Withholding Advice in Markets for Credence Goods," Working Papers 2007-21, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Dulleck, Uwe & Kerschbamer, Rudolf, 2005. "Experts vs Discounters: Competition and Market Unravelling When Consumers Do Not Know What they Need," CEPR Discussion Papers 5242, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Isabel GRILO & Xavier WAUTHY, 2000.
"Price Competition when Product Quality is Uncertain,"
Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain)
2000043, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- GRILO, Isabel & WAUTHY, Xavier, 2000. "Price competition when product quality is uncertain," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1509, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Paul De Grauwe & Laura Rinaldi, 2002. "A Model of the Card Payment System and the Interchange Fee," CESifo Working Paper Series 796, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kala Krishna & Tor Winston, 2003.
"If at First You Don't Succeed: Profits, Prices, and Market Structure in a Model of Quality with Unknowable Consumer Heterogeneity,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(2), pages 573-597, May.
- Kala Krishna & Tor Winston, 2000. "If at First You Don't Succeed...: Profits, Prices and Market Structure in a Model of Quality with Unknowable Consumer Heterogeneity," NBER Working Papers 7494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsdifferentiation; Price Competition; Quality; re-entry;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:1905. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.