If at First You Don't Succeed: Profits, Prices, and Market Structure in a Model of Quality with Unknowable Consumer Heterogeneity
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Kala Krishna & Tor Winston, 2000. "If at First You Don't Succeed...: Profits, Prices and Market Structure in a Model of Quality with Unknowable Consumer Heterogeneity," NBER Working Papers 7494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1979. "Optimal Search for the Best Alternative," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 641-654, May.
- Kala Krishna & Tor Winston, 1998. "A New Model of Quality," NBER Working Papers 6580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sheshinski, Eytan, 1976. "Price, Quality and Quantity Regulation in Monopoly Situations," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(17), pages 127-137, May.
- Bouckaert, Jan & Degryse, Hans, 2000.
"Price competition between an expert and a non-expert,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 901-923, August.
- Bouckaert, Jan & Degryse, Hans, 1998. "Price Competition Between an Expert and a Non-Expert," CEPR Discussion Papers 1905, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bouckaert, J.M.C. & Degryse, H.A., 1998. "Price competition between an expert and a non-expert," Discussion Paper 1998-49, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Swan, Peter L, 1970. "Durability of Consumption Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(5), pages 884-894, December.
- d'Aspremont, C & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold & Thisse, J-F, 1979. "On Hotelling's "Stability in Competition"," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1145-1150, September.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Shetty, Y. K., 1987. "Product quality and competitive strategy," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 46-52.
- Shaked, Avner & Sutton, John, 1983. "Natural Oligopolies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1469-1483, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dulleck, Uwe & Kerschbamer, Rudolf, 2009.
"Experts vs. discounters: Consumer free-riding and experts withholding advice in markets for credence goods,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 15-23, January.
- Uwe Dulleck & Rudolf Kerschbamer, 2005. "Experts vs. discounters: consumer free riding and experts withholding advice in markets for credence goods," Economics working papers 2005-09, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Uwe Dulleck & Rudolf Kerschbamer, 2007. "Experts vs. Discounters: Consumer Free Riding and Experts Withholding Advice in Markets for Credence Goods," Working Papers 2007-21, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Alexandre Gaudeul, 2004. "Shareware competition: Selling an experience," Game Theory and Information 0409008, EconWPA.
- David Bardey, 2004.
"A paradoxical risk aversion effect on the consumers' demand for quality,"
Recherches économiques de Louvain,
De Boeck Université, vol. 70(1), pages 109-115.
- David BARDEY, 2004. "A paradoxical risk aversion effect on the consumers’ demand for quality," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2004015, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
More about this item
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ier:iecrev:v:44:y:2003:i:2:p:573-597. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deupaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.