Don't Make War, Make Elections. Franchise Extension and Violence in XIXth-Century Colombia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Leopoldo Fergusson & Juan F. Vargas, 2013. "Don't make war, make elections: Franchise extension and violence in XIXth-century Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 010545, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
References listed on IDEAS
- Acemoglu,Daron & Robinson,James A., 2009. "Economic Origins of Dictatorship and Democracy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521671422, March.
- Mario ChacÃ³n & James A. Robinson & Ragnar Torvik, 2011. "When is Democracy an Equilibrium? Theory and Evidence from Colombiaâ€™s La Violencia," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 55(3), pages 366-396, June.
- Jorge Tovar, 2007. "La Manumisión en Colombia: 1821 -1851. Un análisis cuantitativo," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 004387, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- No haga la guerra, haga elecciones
by Guest blogger in Hacia el desarrollo efectivo on 2013-05-28 17:40:52
- Development that Works: Don’t make war, make elections
by Guest blogger in Eval Central on 2013-05-28 17:38:53
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gabriel Angarita Tovar, 2017. "Choques de precios y elecciones: el café y la democracia en Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 015608, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Leopoldo Fergusson & Carlos Molina & James A. Robinson & Juan F. Vargas, 2017. "The Long Shadow of the Past: Political Economy of Regional Inequality in Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 015445, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Leopoldo Fergusson & Pablo Querubín & Nelson A. Ruiz & Juan F. Vargas, 2017. "The Real Winner's Curse," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 015279, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
More about this item
KeywordsDemocracy; Civil Conflict; Colombia.;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2013-03-23 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-HIS-2013-03-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAM-2013-03-23 (Central & South America)
- NEP-POL-2013-03-23 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000089:010584. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Universidad De Los Andes-Cede). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.