Tax Reform and Coordination in a Currency Union
We propose a two-country DSGE model to analyze short-term and long-term impact of a modification of consumption and labor tax rate in one country in a currency union. The model embodies the fact that firms differ in their pricing behavior after a VAT tax increase. Due to the common monetary policy, national tax policies have large spill-overs on the rest of the currency union. Furthermore, a fiscal devaluation is different from a nominal devaluation due to the common monetary policy.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 113, rue de Grenelle, 75700 Paris SP07|
Phone: 33 01 53 68 55 00
Fax: 33 01 53 68 55 01
Web page: http://www.cepii.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stéphane Gauthier, 2009.
"Un exercice de TVA sociale,"
Économie et Prévision,
Programme National Persée, vol. 187(1), pages 65-81.
- Stéphane Gauthier, 2009. "Un exercice de TVA sociale," Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 0(1), pages 65-81.
- Stéphane Gauthier, 2006. "Un exercice de TVA sociale," Working Papers 2006-07, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Stéphane Gauthier, 2009. "Un exercice de TVA sociale," Post-Print hal-00731155, HAL.
- Stefan Boeters & Christoph Bohringer & Thiess Buttner & Margit Kraus, 2010. "Economic effects of VAT reforms in Germany," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(17), pages 2165-2182.
- Boeters, Stefan & Böhringer, Christoph & Büttner, Thiess & Kraus, Margit, 2006. "Economic Effects of VAT Reform in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-30, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Coenen, Günter & McAdam, Peter & Straub, Roland, 2008. "Tax reform and labour-market performance in the euro area: A simulation-based analysis using the New Area-Wide Model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 2543-2583, August.
- Coenen, Günter & McAdam, Peter & Straub, Roland, 2007. "Tax reform and labour-market performance in the euro area: a simulation-based analysis using the New Area-Wide Model," Working Paper Series 0747, European Central Bank.
- Nicolas Maggiar & Antoine Devulder & Christophe Cahn & Stéphane Adjemian, 2008. "Variantes en univers incertain," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 183(2), pages 223-238.
- Stéphane Adjemian & Christophe Cahn & Antoine Devulder & Nicolas Maggiar, 2008. "Variantes en univers incertain," Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 0(2), pages 223-238.
- Adjemian, S. & Cahn, C. & Devulder, A. & Maggiar, N., 2009. "Variantes en Univers Incertain," Working papers 236, Banque de France.
- Jérôme Henry & Pablo Hernández de Cos & Sandro Momigliano, 2004. "The short-term impact of government budgets on prices: evidence from macroeconometrics models," Working Papers 0418, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- jerome henry & sandro momigliano & pablo hernandez de cos, 2005. "The short-term impact of government budgets on prices Evidence from macroeconometric models," Macroeconomics 0501020, EconWPA.
- Jerome Henry & Pablo Hernandez de Cos & Sandro Momigliano, 2004. "The short-term impact of government budgets on prices; evidence from macroeconometric models," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 523, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1986. "Optimal Taxation of Capital Income in General Equilibrium with Infinite Lives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 607-622, May.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2003. "An Estimated Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Model of the Euro Area," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(5), pages 1123-1175, 09.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2002. "An estimated dynamic stochastic general equilibrium model of the euro area," Working Paper Research 35, National Bank of Belgium.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cii:cepidt:2012-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.