Scanning the Ups and Downs of China’s Trade Imbalances
Since 2007 China has considerably reduced its external global imbalances. Its bilateral trade surpluses with the EU and the US have persisted because the rise of China’s import demand has mainly benefited its Asian neighbors and the resource rich countries. The rapid growth of China’s imports of consumption goods from advanced economies, especially from Europe, suggests that they would benefit from a reorientation of China’s domestic demand towards household consumption.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 113, rue de Grenelle, 75700 Paris SP07|
Phone: 33 01 53 68 55 00
Fax: 33 01 53 68 55 01
Web page: http://www.cepii.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yiping Huang & Kunyu Tao, 2010. "Factor Market Distortion and the Current Account Surplus in China," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 9(3), pages 1-36, October.
- Joachim Jarreau & Sandra Poncet, 2012.
"Export sophistication and economic growth: Evidence from China,"
PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique"
- Jarreau, Joachim & Poncet, Sandra, 2012. "Export sophistication and economic growth: Evidence from China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 281-292.
- Joachim Jarreau & Sandra Poncet, 2011. "Export sophistication and economic growth: evidence from China," PSE - G-MOND WORKING PAPERS halshs-00962593, HAL.
- Richard Upward & Zheng Wang & Jinghai Zheng, . "Weighing China's Export Basket: An Account of the Chinese Export Boom, 2000--2007," Discussion Papers 10/14, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Dean, Judith & Fung, K.C. & Wang, Zhi, 2008. "How vertically specialized is Chinese trade?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 31/2008, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Binkai Chen & Yang Yao, 2011. "The Cursed Virtue: Government Infrastructural Investment and Household Consumption in Chinese Provinces," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 73, pages 856-877, December.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal, 2011. "China's Foreign Trade in the Perspective of a More Balanced Economic Growth," Working Papers 2011-03, CEPII research center.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cii:cepidt:2012-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.