Political Turnover and Economic Performance: The Disciplinary Role of Personnel Control in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Davis, Donald R. & Weinstein, David E., 1999.
"Economic geography and regional production structure: An empirical investigation,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, pages 379-407.
- Donald R. Davis & David E. Weinstein, 1997. "Economic Geography and Reginal Production Structure: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 6093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric Maskin & Yingyi Qian & Chengagn Xu, 1997. "Incentives, Scale Economies and Organizational Form," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1801, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Donald R. Davis & David E. Weinstein, 1998. "Economic geography and regional production structure: an empirical investigation," Staff Reports 40, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Huang,Yasheng, 1996. "Inflation and Investment Controls in China," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521554831, December.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-679, June.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Warner, Jerold B. & Watts, Ross L. & Wruck, Karen H., 1988. "Stock prices and top management changes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 461-492, January.
- Weingast, Barry R, 1995. "The Economic Role of Political Institutions: Market-Preserving Federalism and Economic Development," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Eric Maskin & Yingyi Qian & Chengagn Xu, 1997.
"Incentives, Scale Economies and Organizational Form,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1801, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Eric Maskin & Yingyi Quan & Chenggang Xu, 1997. "Incentives, Scale Economies, and Organizational Form," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 51, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Weisbach, Michael S., 1988. "Outside directors and CEO turnover," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 431-460, January.
- Li, Shaomin & Li, Shuhe & Zhang, Weiying, 2000. "The Road to Capitalism: Competition and Institutional Change in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, pages 269-292.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph Fan & Randall Morck, 2012. "Capitalizing China," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number morc10-1, January.
- Chen, Shimin & Sun, Zheng & Tang, Song & Wu, Donghui, 2011. "Government intervention and investment efficiency: Evidence from China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 259-271, April.
- Joseph P. H. Fan & Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung, 2012. "Translating Market Socialism with Chinese Characteristics into Sustained Prosperity," NBER Chapters,in: Capitalizing China, pages 1-32 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chang, Eric C. & Wong, Sonia M.L., 2009. "Governance with multiple objectives: Evidence from top executive turnover in China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 230-244, April.
- Lu, Zhengfei & Zhu, Jigao & Zhang, Weining, 2012. "Bank discrimination, holding bank ownership, and economic consequences: Evidence from China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 341-354.
- Wang, Qian & Wong, T.J. & Xia, Lijun, 2008. "State ownership, the institutional environment, and auditor choice: Evidence from China," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 112-134, September.
- Jie Zhang, 2013. "Infrastructure, Industrial Productivity and Regional Specialization in China," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2012-034, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Li, Hongbin & Meng, Lingsheng & Shi, Xinzheng & Wu, Binzhen, 2012.
"Does having a cadre parent pay? Evidence from the first job offers of Chinese college graduates,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 513-520.
- Giulia BETTIN & Riccardo LUCCHETTI & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2011. "Endogeneity and sample selection in a model for remittances," Working Papers 361, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Loren Brandt & Hongbin Li & Joanne Roberts, 2001. "Why do Governments Privatize," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 429, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chk:cuhkdc:00002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.