Regularidades Empíricas de la Economía Chilena
This paper documents the main empirical regularities of the Chilean economy over the last 20 years. In the first place we describe the structure of the economy in terms of the relative size of different sectors, and the importance of different aggregate demand components. In the second place we characterize the business cycle, describing the volatility and persistency of several variables along the cycle, and their correlation with output. In general, some of the correlations show that real shocks play an important role in explaining the business cycle in Chile. At the same time, movements in the terms of trade and in foreign capital’s availability are highly correlated with aggregate demand fluctuations.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Casilla No967, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 670 2000
Fax: (562) 698 4847
Web page: http://www.bcentral.cl/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Michael Woodford, 1998.
"Interest-Rate Rules in an Estimated Sticky Price Model,"
NBER Working Papers
6618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Michael Woodford, 1999. "Interest Rate Rules in an Estimated Sticky Price Model," NBER Chapters, in: Monetary Policy Rules, pages 57-126 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcet, Albert & Ravn, Morten O, 2004.
"The HP-Filter in Cross-Country Comparisons,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4244, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Albert Marcet & Morten O. Ravn, 2001. "The HP-filter in cross-country comparisons," Economics Working Papers 588, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Dec 2003.
- Albert Marcet & Morten Ravn, 2001. "GAUSS code for the HP-filter reformulated as a constrained minimization problem," QM&RBC Codes 103, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Albert Marcet & Morte O. Ravn, . "The HP-Filter in Cross-Country Comparisons," Studies on the Spanish Economy 100, FEDEA.
- Albert Marcet & Morten O. Ravn, 2003. "The HP-Filter in Cross-Country Comparisons," Working Papers 32, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- Agnès Belaisch & Claudio Soto, 1998. "Empirical Regularities of Chilean Business Cycles," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 41, Central Bank of Chile.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1993. "International business cycles: theory vs. evidence," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 14-29.
- Julio J. Rotemberg, 1999.
"A Heuristic Method for Extracting Smooth Trends from Economic Time Series,"
NBER Working Papers
7439, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julio Rotemberg, 1999. "Matlab code for A Method for Decomposing Time Series into Trend and Cycle Components," QM&RBC Codes 75, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Raphael Bergoeing & Juan Enrique Suarez, 2001.
"¿Qué Debemos Explicar? Reportando las Fluctuaciones Agregadas de la Economía Chilena,"
Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review,
Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines, vol. 16(1), pages 145-166, June.
- Raphael Bergoeing & Juan Enrique Suárez, . "¿Qué debemos explicar?: Reportando las Fluctuaciones Agregadas de la Economía Chilena," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv112, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Finn E. Kydland & Calos E.J.M.Zarazaga, 1997. "Is the business cycle of Argentina "different?"," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q IV, pages 21-36.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chb:bcchwp:301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.